What is your favorite internet browser?

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Dec 8, 2018.

?

What is your favorite browser?

1. Google Chrome

32.0%
  2. Mozilla Firefox

34.0%
  3. Opera

10.0%
  4. Microsoft Edge

6.0%
  5. Brave Browser

2.0%
  6. Waterfox

10.0%
  7. Pale Moon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chromium

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Safari

2.0%
  10. Maxthon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. SeaMonkey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Avant Browser

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Vivaldi

4.0%
  14. Other (Please mention in the comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Che0063

Che0063 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What? Only 1 vote for Edge before I voted?

I use 100% laptops, so I need good battery life. That basically leaves only Edge. It has never crashed on me, though sometimes I have issues resizing windows. Plus Windows loads Edge into the RAM on startup so opening it up for the first time after boot is almost instant with no system resources. When you close Edge, Windows suspends half its processes in the RAM in 1809, so it is faster (Not the placebo effect, I guarantee you.)

Firefox's UI is disgusting.

Back when I was 10-12 years old, I used Internet Explorer 8. I miss that UI sometimes, even though it is probably the ugliest piece of broken software I have ever laid my eyes on lol. Then IE11 was my daily driver.

Indeed Chrome is fast and fluid on high end CPUs. But it does so at the expense(requirement) of system resources. The startup is horribly slow and taxing, but I agree that when its loaded its admittedly fluid. Until I open up multiple tabs on my m3 processor.

I will have to do some timing for browser vs browser speed.

Then again, I guess after Microsoft switches to chromium for its edge browser, all the above will be outdated.

Vasudev and t456 like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Is that so strange? Edge is a huge piece of junk (Created due Micro$haft's wet dream being the new CrApple and offer phones). You say Firefox's UI is disgusting... Edge ain't much better. I would use Firefox or whatever browser any day over Edge.

3. Che0063

Che0063 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    upload_2019-1-6_10-52-25.png

It's just the most consistent UI with the rest of my day-to day apps + Windows. Material design is nice but it completely clashes with Acrylic. Edge does everything I need it to do whilst not being a battery hog. Unfortunately Poogle slows down their products on purpose in Edge

I guess most people in the world just don't care as much about battery life as I do - I see so many classmates just lugging power adapters to class so often. They use Chrome :(

4. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    If it works for you then there isnt room to complain.

It just doesnt work for a lot of people, and for a AAA offering you really cant have that.

jclausius likes this.
  5. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Edge is fine, though there’s nothing compelling in it for me to use as a main browser. Right now it just serves as a webdev test tool, just like Firefox, et al that isn’t Chrome/Chromium.

Starlight5 and jclausius like this.
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I use FF and Auto discard Tabs along with 8-10 addons to get best or equivalent battery life of Edge.
    If you used Chrome FF should be right at home for you with minimal resource usage unlike Chrome.

jclausius likes this.
  7. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    FF latest BS, had me looking at alternatives. Ive used Chrome in the past, but dont particularly care for the non existent menu on top of the window. (Old School) I guess.
    I installed Avant, and the new Opera, and the new Opera is slowly taking over as my go to browser now. It will import my FF bookmarks, and I kind of like the side panel with quick acess, as an alternative for the top menu.

8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You mean snippet BS? All you need is to turn off Case studies and snippets or else use Waterfox.
    In browser market, Chrome reigns supreme followed by Firefox and forked versions of chrome(ium) and firefox.

jclausius likes this.
  9. Primes

Primes Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Damn. That is about as crappy as when Ubuntu put ads in its UI dashboard. :vbmad:

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  10. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ⎬⎛⎝⎠⎞⎨

Reputations:
    You can't fix one issue though

>Gnome

I still find it idiotic that you have to manually change some settings in about:config to truly turn of firefox's telelmetry

Vasudev likes this.