What is your favorite internet browser?

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Dec 8, 2018 at 3:24 AM.

?

What is your favorite browser?

1. Google Chrome

31.0%
  2. Mozilla Firefox

31.0%
  3. Opera

10.3%
  4. Microsoft Edge

3.4%
  5. Brave Browser

3.4%
  6. Waterfox

10.3%
  7. Pale Moon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chromium

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Safari

3.4%
  10. Maxthon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. SeaMonkey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Avant Browser

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Vivaldi

3.4%
  14. Other (Please mention in the comments)

3.4%
  1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    So I've been a diehard Firefox user since the days of Firefox 3

I loved the interface so much that I was so hooked on it and could never switch to any other browser.

After Mozilla decided to overhaul the UI, I hated it so much that I couldn't even stand the new interface. Yes there was an extension called Classic Theme Restorer for Firefox but that kept getting bugs with every update toe Firefox so I got tired of this and the fact that the browser is ALWAYS in like Beta, they release version 60 for example, then it's 61 Beta 1, 2, 3, never ending.

I then switched to Chrome although I didn't like the interface at first but after getting used to it, I enjoyed that ti's way faster in rendering pages and love the synchronization of my bookmarks/passwords with my phone so it's much easier to login to sites on my phone without having the need to install any external app or password manager since Chrome auto fills my passwords that were saved on my laptop. [​IMG]

So what's your favorite browser and why?

2. ApostateTapir

ApostateTapir Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm torn. I love Chrome on my PC's and it's all I've used since it came out. But I just started using Brave browser just a little while back on my phone and I really like it too.

Ultra Male likes this.
  3. xLima

xLima Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Man I don't know. I wanted to like Edge but too many problems.

I have used chrome so long but I feel that it uses too many resources. But it is one of the most compatible browsers.

I love the Firefox layout and it has some really cool features; however, Chrome just fits better with Android and other devices.

So Chrome for me.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ultra Male likes this.
  4. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    clearly firefox, Chrome is to bloated and makes way to many processes on my notebook. Firefox quantum broswer is the fastest and most efficient browser right now.

inm8#2 likes this.
  5. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Should Internet Explorer be on the list? Sadly there are many customers I deal with that still have corporate policies that IE 11 be used, and it still exists in Win 10.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 10:06 AM
    Starlight5 likes this.
  6. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Firefox is my 'go to' browser for most things but I do use Chrome for sites when I need to translate, like Amazon France - Germany etc.

Not a fan of Edge, just don't like the feel of it and been with Mozilla for as long as I can remember. Firefox does has the occasional annoyance of reseting itself when it updates and wipes out its cookies meaning I have to sign back into everything.

Vasudev and Starlight5 like this.
  7. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Firefox (with NoScript etc). The good selection of addons & page scrolling is sooooo smooth and peaceful, while I see hard steps on other browsers. Vivaldi as backup for non-noscript browsing.

Vasudev and Starlight5 like this.
  8. Eclipse2016

Eclipse2016 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I love Vivaldi, which is what I use mostly. I use Firefox for the Zotero plugin and Microsoft Edge is okay too.

9. inm8#2

inm8#2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Firefox is my favorite. I've played with Vivaldi but haven't used it regularly.

It's too bad Firefox has such a low market share. I hope they find a way to reach more users.

10. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's not that it's bloated, it splits tabs and other add-ons that users have into separate threads rather than the way Firefox does it, for stability sake, better for an errant thread to crash than an aggregate of processes rolled into one or two threads. In a test by Business Insider where they tried to verify Firfox Quantum's less resource claim they checked 10 websites being loaded between Quantum and Chrome, Quantum actually ended up using a lot more RAM. Granted depending on sites people may get differing results. Here’s one fairly recent comparison: https://www.itpro.co.uk/web-browser...t-browser-chrome-vs-firefox-vs-microsoft-edge

Aggregation of benchmarks generally show Chrome to still be the better actually, of course they do trade off depending on certain benchmarks and versions tested. In battery life tests I saw Edge did the best and Firefox actually did the worst, with Chrome being in between. However in earlier Microsoft "tests" Firefox did better than Chrome in Video and Chrome did batter in browsing battery life. They both push eachother to improve so its not a fixed "win" for either.

Edge however just sucks, I'm not even going to be diplomatic about it, maybe it does so well in battery life tests because it can't do anything and crashes often so lots of down time lol. Rumors have it Microsoft maybe be building a Chromium based browser.

I've actually tried switching from Chrome to Firefox, Edge etc to something else but I've always beeen forced to return to Chrome, been the fastest and most stable at least for me, of co. I was a Firefox user and only switched to Chrome later than most people by the way.

I personally only have 1 extension with Chrome, that being uBlock Origin, which happens to be the most efficient ad-blocker in tests and resource wise as well.
    https://www.raymond.cc/blog/10-ad-blocking-extensions-tested-for-best-performance/view-all/

On my iPhone 8 Plus, I use only Safari due to the ability to use 1Blocker X, plus its good performer.

TLDR: I can live on Chrome, Safari or Frefox, not Edge.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 11:49 AM