What is your favorite internet browser? (2018-2019)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Dec 8, 2018.

?

What is your favorite browser?

1. Google Chrome

28.4%
  2. Mozilla Firefox

40.7%
  3. Opera

8.6%
  4. Microsoft Edge

6.2%
  5. Brave Browser

4.9%
  6. Waterfox

6.2%
  7. Pale Moon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chromium

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Safari

2.5%
  10. Maxthon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. SeaMonkey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Avant Browser

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Vivaldi

2.5%
  14. Other (Please mention in the comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0lok

0lok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info.. ^_^

Riley Martin likes this.
  2. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js <<Tweak the profile as needed (Firefox user.js)
    uBO, uMatrix, CookieAutoDelete (musts)
    https everywhere, Decentraleyes, CanvasBlocker, CSS Exfil Protection, Chameleon, Privacy Badger, Neat URL (maybes -depending on your user.js settings)

0lok and Vasudev like this.
  3. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Guys what do you think of torch browser? Is it an adware?

Riley Martin likes this.
  4. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone using Tor

Riley Martin likes this.
  5. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    I use Chrome because, for now, it works. For a long while, I bounced between Chrome and Firefox. When one wouldn't work for something I did regularly, I switched to the other. I haven't had a need to switch from Chrome in a long time, but I have considered doing so for privacy and performance reasons, as Firefox seems to be the faster of the two now.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

6. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Love the Tor Project, but I'm wayyy to impatient to use it. Glad we have it, props to the Devs and those passionate about it.

Firefox v66 has been buggy -esp. to hardened user.js configs. Still a great browser, and I encourage you to go back... just saying (guess you posted that a while back). Personally, I'm going w/ Waterfox more.

7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I know this is an old thread, but thought it might be worth a bump. Long time Chrome user (like since it was first released) and not fond of Firefox, Vivaldi, Opera, or Edge. I recently start using Brave as a Chrome replacement and I am liking it a ton. If you haven't checked it out, ever or recently, you should. Imported literally everything I had accumulated in Chrome over the years without issue. I am using it on Windows and Linux. In addition to being a better browser by nearly every measurement, it also looks nicer to me than any of the alternatives, including Chrome.

Brave Build with Tor and it's hides your IP Address from the sites you visit, by routing your browsing through several Tor Servers before it reaches your destination. These connections are encrypted, so your ISP or employer can't see which sites you're visiting either.

Popular sites often host multiple ads and as many as 70 trackers per site. Worse, most leading ad blockers still allow trackers through to profile your location, behavior and other browsing activity.so it's run faster than other regular internet browser.

https://www.bravebrowser.site/

[​IMG]
    Brave.jpg
    Capture.JPG

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  8. TreeTops Ranch

TreeTops Ranch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    "it's hides your IP Address from the sites you visit, by routing your browsing through several Tor Servers before it reaches your destination."

That part stops me from trying your recommendation as I have really slow DSL here in the boonies.

Papusan, Mr. Fox and Vasudev like this.
  9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I believe FF 70 is way faster than any CHrome builds with uBO installed. Also you can use FF default list to prevent tracking, enable DoH etc..
    Yeah it'll clobber slow speed DSL. I faced this issue when LTE signal is very bad and speed is <1.5Mbps.

10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Sorry. I know getting fast broadband in some places is impossible. There are lots of pluses to living in a rural area, but that usually isn't one of them.

I started forcing myself to use Firefox again about a month ago. Since I generally do not like it very much, Brave was a nice alternative. It has everything I like about Chrome,

The reason I am looking to move away from Chrome is more the fault of my ISP than Chrome. Their gateway firmware does not allow changing DNS. I got fed up with redirects to their servers. I also do not like targeted ads. I could buy my own cable modem, but I am not interested in spending extra money for stealth. I don't really need the anonymity as much as I want to deny them access as a matter of principle and the satisfaction of spite.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Papusan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.