What is the best Windows 10 build?

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by bajito93, Dec 26, 2018.

1. bajito93

bajito93 Newbie

Reputations:
    Atm I have 1511 windows 10 build, I need update? I do not know if it's good to update, for a time to me this version works well, but I would like to know if there are any advantages when updating to a newer and more stable version.

Thanks.

2. Wolfzz

Wolfzz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm using 1803 and its been very stable for me staying away from 1809

3. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    1803 did remove some feature from 1709 if I got my build right. But so far 1803 is stable for me. But mine version is Retail not factory installed O/S. So that makes a difference you don't get all the bloat and junkware.

4. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Reputations:
    Upgraded to 1809 by mistake couple days ago, it's usable though so I won't roll back.

I prefer the build which didn't have image blinking between calibrated via color profile and uncalibrated every fracking time some device is plugged in or removed. Probably was build 1703 or even 1607 - don't remember for sure, was eons ago. Had to stop using color profiles for this reason. )'=

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  5. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Windows 7 Ultimate.

Sorted! :p

6. StormJumper

Reputations:
    And malware infested software and sites will love you for it...

Starlight5 likes this.
  7. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't go on any dodgy sites, nor download any unknown software and have an up to date AV, I also take a weekly image using Macrium so worst case scenario I lose hardly anything. This way I don't have to put up with W10 and its continual 'taking control' of my machines and using me as a Guinea Pig - sharing my data and installing junk I didn't ask for....

8. 3Fees

3Fees Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm running 1809[codenamed "Redstone 5"] in 64 and 32 Bit flavors, no problems.

Version 1511 (November Update)

Support of this version for users of the Current Branch (CB) and Current Branch for Business (CBB) ended on October 10, 2017. The last public update was released on April 10 2018, for Enterprise and Education versions only.

Windows 10 version 1903 codenamed "19H1" is the seventh major update to Windows 10 and the first to use a more descriptive codename (including the year and the order released) instead of the "Redstone" codename.--next

9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    1607 was the best one for me. Now I'm on v1803.

10. StormJumper

Reputations:
    You don't have to go to sites to get infected they are out there wandering around the internet. As long as you use Windows or any O/S and your online your already exposed. If you password protect the admin/owner account and make a standard account for everyday use your far off better with that. This is what alot of people forget and then ask why am I infected. One needs to take the rose covered glasses off and see the threat for what it is. No amount of backup will help if they take over your admin/owner account that is why Ransomware are so effective.