What is the best cooling pad for a 15.6 gaming laptop?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by RicardoTeixeira, Apr 30, 2018.

1. sucker4pa1n

sucker4pa1n Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ^^^ that's a valid point. I'd imagine manufacturers design their stuff to work on a table. The whole reason I have the one I mentioned is because I use it on my lap. If it can't work right when sitting on a flat surface where the feet can keep the intake open that's either a manufacturing issue or a design flaw.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Most laptops seem to be relying more on "Side Vents" for their notebooks now so not to block the airflow with laps, tables, beds etc. Still, any touching surface will be transferred heat, so just keeping it a little lifted from a surface should help. If a notebook has D-panel/bottom side vents, then a fan to set the notebook on would be recommended.

Papusan likes this.
  3. Mark Haughey

Mark Haughey Newbie

Reputations:
    I chose the Cooler Master X3 for my 17.3" MSI GS75 Stealth. The fan is silent even while it's set to max RPM and the materials aren't going to scratch the underside of my laptop. There is a wide variety between different laptop manufacturers and their included hardware and some do require additional cooling due to overheating such as the 6-core i9 versions of Mac Book Pro or Alienware m15/m17. However, even with proper internal cooling, having the additional cooling pad will still provide benefit to the hardware inside the device. By keeping thermals lower the cooling pad will prolong the life of the internal hardware so at the very least you're investing to extend the life of your laptop. I look at people without cases on their $1000+ phones the same as people running a workstation setup without a cooling pad. It's an obvious choice to protect what's important to us, especially if you can do it properly for under $40 USD.