What is the best cooling pad for a 15.6 gaming laptop?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by RicardoTeixeira, Apr 30, 2018.

1. RicardoTeixeira

RicardoTeixeira Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Buying a new gaming laptop that gets really hot on the bottom side. I was wondering what is the most efficient cooling pad today?

2. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You'd probably achieve better results with some carefully placed thermal pads and basic common-sense thermo-dynamic based mods. Depends what model of laptop you're talking though I suppose.

3. RicardoTeixeira

RicardoTeixeira Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am buying a MSI GS65. It will come with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on CPU + GPU, and Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads on heat sensitive surfaces. I read people are having thermal issues with this laptop but I am not sure if it's just people that want to justify returning it. So I am making my research about what I can do to lower the temp on my GS65 already. :)

Maleko48 likes this.
  4. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you can manage a -0.120V or more undervolt, that will help boat loads.

Additionally, you can see an outside-the-box approach of passive cooling I am experimenting with on my Dell 7577 right now that I just posted tonight (even though it really doesn't need any additional cooling for any sane, normal use case scenario):

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...methods-on-metal-laptop-bodies-frames.816451/

5. boricuafly

boricuafly Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Cooler Master NotePal U3 - Laptop Cooling Pad with 3 Movable Fans

TheChosen0ne and RicardoTeixeira like this.
  6. Lanecero

Lanecero Newbie

Reputations:
  7. XiCynx

XiCynx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I couldn't agree with this more. I have one for my laptop and it greatly helps the temps stay cool by pumping air into the open ducts. Now grant it, it does depend on how many air slots your laptop has on the bottom of it as once that has next to none won't benefit as much as some that are much more open. Are you able to see what the bottom cover of the laptop looks like? If you have a dremel you can modify it and hot glue some mesh covers over where you cut to help improve airflow, just depends on what you're willing to do!