What is the best anti-virus,firewall in terms of load on the processor ?

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by Laptopaddict, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luee

luee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Avast, outpost firewall

2. luee

luee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    checking further, PC Tools firewall plus actually uses the least amount of resources of the top FW programs. If that is your primary need.

3. Laptopaddict

Laptopaddict Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't care how much memory is used , the only thing that matters is the load on the processor

4. MaXimus

MaXimus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Heh, what......you guys forgot teh best of teh best? Teh almighteh NOD32 FTW?

NOD32 is the best antivirus you could pay for.......it has the lowest resources, you won't even feel you have an antivirus installed. + it has the best detection rate.

I have been using it for 5 years consecutively now and I've never gotten a virus.

[​IMG]

You can download the demo here >>> http://download.eset.com/eval/win/eav/eav_nt32_enu.msi

Alternatively, you can download the ESET Smart Security Suite which is an all in one package containing NOD32 + antispyware + firewall >>> http://download.eset.com/download/win/ess/ess_nt32_enu.msi

To download 64 bit versions of the above demos click here >>> http://www.eset.com/download/free_trial_download_int.php

ESET SMART Security

[​IMG]

Your most effective protection against today's huge volumes of threats from the web or emails. Based on ESET NOD32 Antivirus, it delivers proactive protection against new attacks during the critical hours when other vendors' products are not aware a new attack even exists. It also blocks spam and includes a personal two-way firewall. ESET Smart Security is lightning fast. Unlike other Internet security products, it will not slow down your system or inconvenience you while you work or play. Version 4 is faster, easier to use, and delivers stronger protection.

5. coolguy

coolguy Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Maximus, do you work for Eset? Enough of your product showcase. Just because you are using it for 5 yrs doesn't mean that it's the best product in the AV world.

6. MaXimus

MaXimus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No I don't, I am saying the truth. If you don't believe me, then go read som reviews and research and you'll know what you're missing.

Furthermore, try the demo out, and you'll be hooked.

NOD32 FTW

7. Baserk

Baserk Notebook user

Reputations:
    No, you don't.
    You just endlessly repeat the same mantra, NEVER post any links to serious reviews, showing NOD32 in front of the pack.
    You only copy/paste text from the Eset website, how lame is that...
    You're only a fanboi increasing his postcount with posts like above.

8. DarkSilver

DarkSilver MSI Afterburner

Reputations:
    Most probably there are no PERFECT Antiviruses/Internet Security Suites. You can only choose those AV/IS that is considered good and suggestive.
    In addition, you can't have all antivirus in a computer, that can cause much more inconvenient.
    The famous list already been repeat plenty of time(I will repeat again). AVG is out of image.
    Famous:
    Norton Internet Security 2009/2010
    ESET NOD 32
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2009/2010(2010 seems have bug recently but I am not sure)
    Avira Premium Suite
    Avast Professional Edition

Semi-Famous:
    Trend Micro
    Panda Cloud
    BitDefender

Non-famous
    Vipre(very less populated but it is the most light resources if not mistaken)

BEST FREE AV you can use:
    Avira Antivir Personal 9(recommended)
    Avast Home Edition 4.8(recommended)
    AVG 8.5
    Comodo Security Suite

Lastly, some informations I provided might not be 100% accurate. Believe and not believe is in your brain.

9. Feoras

Feoras Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would recommend Avira AntiVir Personal and COMODO Firewall. Like other people said, both of these are free, and light on CPU load.

10. Garandhero

Garandhero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I also find NOD32 to the best... very unitrusive, does it owns thing low system resources. I would recommend its really fantastic if you like light wieght, no hassle AV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.