What is cheaper?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Clutch, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    So you guys have never seen a car drove into a living room? Even if you're at home thinking you're safe, it still doesn't mean you won't get involved in a car accident.

I really don't have more fear on a bike than in a car, in fact I enjoy much more being on a bike.

:p

2. RainMotorsports

RainMotorsports Formerly ClutchX2

Reputations:
    If a car drives into the second floor of my house or the third for that matter (living room, bedroom respectively) i think we have a big problem. The first floor is above street level but not so much that Bruce Willis couldnt jump the prius out front and make it through.

Just saying.... you know lol. We have to pick something else like an airplane or a stray missile, all probably possible.

3. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    Never say never.

[​IMG]

And says who the second floor is safer than first?

[​IMG]

:twitchy:

I think we should get back into the subject. :p

4. RainMotorsports

Reputations:
    I didnt say that word :p, first one you know is fail as it didnt drive into but out of and second one as long as you werent sitting in the corner all the chairs seem to be in place :p Ive seen a bunch of those, wrecked exotics is a nice place to visit as well.

I think we pretty much called it vehicle price, insurance and sometimes gas all cheaper. Getting good gear can be a little expensive at first though if your not already riding.

5. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    For gas, I believe only diesel cars will get better mileage than most bikes. Yeah, initially, you may need to spend more. If the bike will be your only vehicle, then you will probably need to get some rain gears as well.

6. RainMotorsports

Reputations:
    Yeah i was gonna say until i see a deisel bike, but then you would probably show me one lol. Yeah I would get rain gear either way, you never know when its gonna pop up and riding in just your leathers isnt fun for very long.

7. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    They really do exist. :laugh:

[​IMG]

8. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    Fate discussion aside, I would say car. The maintenance should be the same and insurance will be much higher for a bike then a car.

9. Shyster1

Shyster1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Depends on what sort of insurance you get. If you get comprehensive, which covers you as well as whomever you hit, then yes; however, if you just get liability insurance, it's a lot cheaper to cover a bike than a car (which makes sense, as the bike will, generally, cause less damage).

10. RainMotorsports

Reputations:
    If you do your own non warranty work the bike maintaence isnt "bad". I will say in the Ninja 250's case which unless you live in a major city, not a great choice its not exactly something to use on a highway plus its a bit small. Its not cheap to get major parts for the 250 infact I could get an entire lightly used engine for less then the rebuild kit. I dont know how the 500's are but the little high revin 250 needs some special care in its first months of life.

Not sure how cycle techs labor rate is but i could tear down a bike faster then I could change the oil pump on my last truck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.