What is bothering you right now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BeastRider, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Sounds like something is gimped in his windows installation. Just reinstall windows/factory reset..

2. knight427

knight427 theenemysgateisdown

Reputations:
    We've been without insulation in our attic since Monday (note that I am in MN). Our inside layer of drywall and insulation are also down in our living room bay window and vaulted ceiling areas. We have a dozen commercial fans and two commercial dehumidifiers running (they are very loud). I went to be last night wearing two shirts and a sweatshirt plus a stocking a cap and an extra blanket on the bed....still woke up freezing cold. Hopefully tomorrow the attic will be dry enough to get the new insulation put in. Thankfully the bedrooms aren't as bad for the little ones, and my wife is currently asleep at the foot of my desk in my office (the only room capable of getting truly warm.

3. hizzaah

Reputations:
    Buy a handful of space heaters from Walmart and just return them when you're insulated. I hate recommending that, but there's no sense in freezing, especially with little ones.

4. knight427

knight427 theenemysgateisdown

Reputations:
    I might have asked my insurance agent to reimburse or rent us some space heaters if I had known it would be this long without insulation. Actually, maybe I'll call her tomorrow if the insulation guy decides the attic isn't dry enough.

5. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Cheap space heaters = carbon monoxide poisoning or fire fire fire.

Invest in a pair of good ceramic heaters, one for your bedroom, one for your kids. Something alongs this lines:

Honeywell® Signature Series Safety Matters

(You will thank me later)

6. hizzaah

Reputations:
    Eh, we bought a Lasko from target not too long ago for $50 and I've been running it 4-8hrs a day and I'm still alive.. I wish we had bought a larger one, but we may just grab a second one. This one would run constantly if I let it because it can't heat the living room.

Edit: can't sleep :mad: I feel tired, but my brain hasn't gotten the message in the two hours I've been tossing and turning in bed.

7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    -25F with wind chill today. On a positive note I don't have to go to work today (no school for kids - frostbite warning), but I still have to work from home. Better than commuting in.

8. Amnesiac

Amnesiac 404

Reputations:
    Feels like I have early onset trigeminal neuralgia.

9. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    For real? That sucks.

10. Amnesiac

Amnesiac 404

Reputations:
    Well, I shouldn't realistically, considering my age. But the whole left side of my face has been aching and twinging every now and then for no reason, for a good couple of days now. All along the trigeminal nerve. So to the doctor it is for me tomorrow, unless I manage to somehow get better overnight. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.