What is/are your dream car(s)?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by J.Dre, Nov 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

In process of arranging an import by the end of this year (black bonnet + 4A-GE 16v engine) :)

2. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Do you know which generation 4AGE? Black top (95-98) is most desirable.

Bill Sherwood's Stock 4AGE Page

3. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    Is the process of modding the 20v the same as the 16v? Because the 20v version is pretty hard to find.

4. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Because it is aftermarket, it was only red and blue top for the AE86. Before the black top they mixed blue heads with red bottoms (or was the other way) to get the most out. Anyway those things (both AE86 and 20v 4A-GE) are really expensive because of the hype. Have fun :)

5. rtnlsltn

rtnlsltn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My 91 MR2 with a VW 2.0T DSG swap @ 450WHP. A mini-Ferrari. I just need to get a hold of a salvage GTI, which is proving difficult :(

6. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    Then a 2JZ GT/E or an RB26DETT crate shipped from Singapore wouldn't be that much more money to acquire.

I'd worry about engine power later, car is first priority anyways :)

7. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    Make sure yours is a GT-S (JT2AE88) vs SR5 (JT2AE86). The GT-S has rear pads while the SR5 has drums in the rear. GT-S also had an available LSD option (though likely worn out by now, you can order a TRD one). In the USA Drift Touge series on Best Motoring, there are tuning shops that have swapped in a Honda S2000's F20C + 6 speed manual trans + LSD in the AE86 chassis, and it produces a similar N/A feeling high revving engine. And the F20C drivetrain is FAR cheaper than an RB26DETT or a 2JZ with the Getrag 6 speed manual transmission. And you can do ITBs and rebuild the block, and easily pump out 300-320 horses from that power unit.

8. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    I'll talk with the importer to see check if the car has a rear disc brake or not.

Most of the Truenos for sale he listed has an LSD option, likely rebuilt but I'm not quite sure on the durability.

There's one with a 20V blacktop (swap?), LSD and AE111 ECU. But not sure if the rear has disc brakes. The bodykit is not similar to the Initial D version.

[​IMG]

00427@Ú×î•ñ - ƒJ[ƒ‰ƒ“ƒh AE86ê–å“X

This one using 16v is made to Initial D specs

00429@Ú×î•ñ - ƒJ[ƒ‰ƒ“ƒh AE86ê–å“X

9. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    simply perfection:

[​IMG]

2.0™ and triturbo like this.
  10. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    ^ is that the new C class coupe? To be fair German luxury cars have never been my thing, I do like BMW's M series, but BMW is so diluted and distraught, I sometimes question what them Bavarians are doing. Their renaming scheme reminds me of what Infiniti is doing, and it's horrible.

Yeah the pictures don't really tell much. If he had pictures directly of the rear end, you can instantly tell drums vs pads. I'm not sure if there's a conversion from drums to pads, it's usually quite cost prohibitive. I don't think the AE86's in Initial D were body kits, there was the Trueno (pop up head lights) and the Levin (fixed head lights). The Trueno is just overall more popular (unsure if it's the Initial D/drift scene, I do know Levins were quite rare compared to the Trueno). Honestly the reliability of the LSD isn't a huge deal, Toyota to my knowledge has never used viscous LSDs (unlike Nissan, etc). I haven't really heard of a clutch or torsen type wearing out unlike viscous LSDs. Anyways you'd just get inlift/wheel spin if your LSD is worn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.