What is/are your dream car(s)?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by J.Dre, Nov 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick

Patrick I beat spamers with stiks

Reputations:
    Current dream car: F-Type V8S. Meets all the most important boxes:

Convertible: Check
    Supercharged V8: Check
    RWD: Check
    Excellent Interior: Check
    Having a button with the sole purpose is to make more noise: (Active Exhaust) Check

2015 Cost optioned the way I want: 100,250.

Hopefully a well optioned CPO becomes available when I'm in the market for a new car... muahahahaha.

ajkula66 likes this.
  2. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Someone in my area has a new Jaguar F-Type (white). Saw it the other day... It's one sexy car.

3. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Get me an yootoobe link then. I would LOVE to debunk all these Bri'ish drivers who think they know how to drive a big rig.

4. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Last I checked the Nismo GT-R is 150k from Nissan and that won't include dealer markup, etc.

5. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yeah, the Nismo is more money.

Even so, it's not that unrealistic of a purchase. Hell, my high school teacher had a GT-R. Just keep saving and manage your finances well.

EDIT: This is a dream thread. Don't come in here being a buzz-kill. All I said was, "don't lost hope." :cool:

6. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    radji likes this.
  7. radji

Reputations:
    :laugh:

Cab-over-engine = midget rigs.

It was highly entertaining watching them try and powerslide those tractors. Too bad those tractors only had a single range 8 speed trans. If they had a high range-high gear, then it would've gotten REAL entertaining when one of them flipped onto its side.

The Campervan Challenge was really entertaining. Looked like a homeless pilgrimage across the Ozarks.

8. ahl395

ahl395 Ahlball

Reputations:
    A standard GT-R is about $105k, but a Nismo is around $150k :eek:

9. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    I'll take Tsunade_Hime's list and tweak it to my liking, hope he doesn't mind :)

Japanese cars:

- Mine's Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R w/ HKS variable valve timing (I heard he makes custom orders)
    - ER34 (or whatever the non-GT-R coupe is called, never got it) w/ N/A RB26 and VVT as well as few more go fast and sound better parts
    - Calsonic R32 GT-R
    - 1st gen NSX w/ C32B heads and dry sump
    - JDM spec Integra Type R
    - 5th gen Civic (the bullet) with various engine swaps - I LOVE this design
    - JDM spec Civic Type R '99 - Spoon tuned - 11k rpm and dry sump
    - Spoon Integra
    - Subaru Impreza WRX STi (GDG)
    - Lexus IS200 w/ tuned 1G-GTE
    - TRD tuned AE86 w/ black top 4A-GE
    - Toyota Supra twin-turbo Mk4
    - Original spec Spirit R RX-7
    - Mitsubishi GTO
    - Original Honda V10 F1 car

Exotics:

- Porsche 959 S (factory tuned (575hp) to pass the 200mph mark)
    - Ferrari F40
    - Porsche turbo S (996.1) - this one got me into Porsches
    - Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997.1) - white w/ blue stripes - one of THE BEST Porsches ever left the factory
    - Porsche Carrera GT
    - Porsche 911 GT3 RS (996.1)
    - Ferrari Enzo
    - McLaren F1
    - Jaguar XJ220 - beautiful car
    - Mercedes-Benz W196 - two I4s mated together, but who cares when it results in a straight 8
    - Lancia Delta S4 - I have a thing for group B cars as well
    - Ferrari 288GTO
    - Lamborghini Diablo GT
    - Lamborghini Miura
    - Volvo S60 polestar concept - straight 6, manual, AWD - yeah, I count as an exotic

German;

- Audi allroad quattro 2.7T low-range - if I had to pick one car form this list, it would be this one tuned to perfection - 40/60 mid TorSen, Wavetrack front and back, Arnott Gen II bags, Ohlins dampers, Rosso RR8 wheels (RS6 imitation with offset better fitting the allroad), Porsche Ceramics Brakes, B5 RS4 engine with go faster mods and the list goes on and on...
    - Audi sport quattro concept 2010 - straight 5 is back where it belongs - front longitudinally mounted
    - Audi sport quattro - straight 5
    - Audi sport quattro S1 - uber straight 5
    - Audi B5 S4 Nogaro Blue - w/ B5 RS4 engine
    - Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG manual - the original one, V12 biturbo baby :D and quite the looker
    - Mercedes-Benz SLK 320 CDI triturbo AMG - the first diesel to impress me and guess from where I got my nick-name :)
    - E39 BMW M5
    - E46 BMW M3 CSL manual
    - BMW 635CSi
    - M4 manual - properly tuned twin-turbo straight six (outputs more than what the brochure says)

American;

- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 - The Blue Devil - saw and heard one in person boy oh boy, and I read it's among the few muscles that handle
    - Ford F150 SVT Raptor - I'm not at all in this kind of stuff, but this one looks awesome and if you're not expecting miracles, it can get you places
    I have a thing for straight engines and this piece of awesomeness tops them all :D

That's how it is here in Europe. There are few Americans, as we say, around and a bit more in Russia and Scandinavia. There are places where it's pretty narrow to get this (cab-over) on a ramp, let alone the 'Mericans. I still have soft spot for them, but driving it solo (without trailer). I was driving a Volvo FH13 (called FH, because, you know, superstitions) 400hp (chipped to 440hp and crap load of torque) 12 speed manual (3 speed than a lever with halves in between (button activated)) and I'll always have room in my heart for big rigs (it was a child's dream and I still want to drive one from time to time). To complete the list:

- Volvo FH16 760 manual '14
    - Volvo VNL 780 chassis with the above engine and trans (last time I checked US Volvos were underpowered)

10. radji

Reputations:
    You can thank the hippies and their very restrictive diesel emissions laws for Volvo's being underpowered here in the US.

Volvo has (IMO) always had the best equipment designs in regards to safety and fuel efficiency. I used to think the FH16 was an odd-looking thing of a truck. Until I saw a demonstration of its new auto-emergency braking. I still can't stand the cab-over-engine design, but now I'm not laughing at the Volvo models.

Volvo still ranks high on the list of the big diesel names in fuel efficiency. I even have my notes from the Con/Agg expo in 2008.

A John Deere 200LC = 16-18L/hour.

A CAT 330L = 27-32L/hour.

Volvo EC360 = 15-17L/hour.

And the on-highway models do even better. I think Volvo is sharing the top spot with Detroit Diesel. And the Volvo VNL 780 is a small apartment on wheels.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    triturbo and killkenny1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.