What happens when a valet drives your 400k Lambo...

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Tsunade_Hime, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Someone who obviously is too lazy to care. And there are probably some good valet attendants out there. But for the most part, a valet attendant is usually someone who can't hold down any other job for whatever reason. Not the kind of person you want driving a car for hire.

2. Qing Dao

Qing Dao Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, there are lots of places (the kinds of places that someone who drives a $400,000 car would be going to) that only allow valet parking. Also many parking garages in cities do not allow self-parking.

3. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    Having been a car jockey last summer, I can agree that squeezing cars into a small downtown parking garage is a challenge and they don't really hold the job to a high enough standard (both in terms of training and pay) to account for higher end vehicles. That being said, some parking lots will put more cars than parking spots by stacking cars behind other cars so usually valet service is so they can re-arrange cars in terms of people who leave vs people who come in. It's amazing how in urban centers, parking can be such an issue that they'd need to do this.

4. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Some people would love to have a valet job right now. I used to valet part time(Friday and Saturdays) and it was the best job I've ever had from a fun perspective. In the Winter I'd make a couple hundred cash in my pocket, but only a hundred or so in the Summer and I spent most of the night playing video games in the Office. Plus you get to drive some pretty cool cars, though only for a block or two. Sounds like the life of Riley to me.

As for the video, the valet clearly screwed up(never should have gassed it, but let the clutch do the work). I'm sure this goes on more than you think, just not very often on such an expensive car and caught on tape. I'm sure most valets have a story or two to tell about parking cars in such close proximity. Mine was the older gentleman who had a 1950s Bently, which meant no power steering. The first time I drove it I was cranking on the wheel and found out the brakes weren't that great either, so in the tight parking lost I almost clipped a Mercedes and a Jaguar in the Bently. I'm fairly certain that a business that has valet and a clientele that can afford $400K sports cars, has some sort of insurance to cover these mishaps.

5. Qing Dao

Qing Dao Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They are also pre-programmed to say "Screw you, it was already like that."

6. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    This car is more than $400k. It has a few visible options that are like $10k - $20k each. For example, certain types of paint are up to $14k. I'd say this car easily exceeds $500k.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.