what happend to ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/?

Discussion in 'Acer' started by oran9e, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oran9e

oran9e Newbie

Reputations:
    where can i download the latest drivers for my aspire?

2. Skibums

Skibums Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. LeDuc

LeDuc Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I also try from yesterday... :(

4. gbam

gbam Newbie

Reputations:
    Is there something wrong with Acer people, why is it so hard to find XP drivers for Aspire 7720G???
    Does anybody know where XP drivers can be found?

5. Evolution

Evolution Vox Sola

Reputations:
    Acer has not provided XP drivers for the aspire 7720 because it didn't come with XP, it is only available with vista.
    For instance my 5102 when it first came out had XP MCE2005 then later versions came with vista home premium so acer have provided drivers for both operating systems. However the aspire 7720 was only shipped with vista on it so acer will only provide the vista drivers. If you want to put XP on it then you will have to find drivers on your own, its unfortunate but that is the way it is. :(

If you want XP drivers I would suggest you check the different notebook component(chipset, wireless, audio etc) manufacturer webpages and look for XP drivers for the components in your notebook. If they don't have any drivers then you are stuck with vista.

6. gbam

gbam Newbie

Reputations:
    Then they should say that in advance, in large letters VISTA ONLY so I wouldnt buy their notebook!!!

7. Skibums

Reputations:
    Actually, if you would have done a little more research before you purchased the notebook, you wouldn't be in this situation. The specs show VISTA as the only OS Acer has for this model, so Vista is the only OS it will support.

Take some personal responsibility here. Acer did say VISTA ONLY, by not offering any other OS for this system!!!!

8. marcon

marcon Newbie

Reputations:
    That's not quite true
    I ordered an 7720g from laptopsdirect and they offered to 'downgrade' to Windows XP Pro for £185 - where were they gong to get the drivers from?

9. Skibums

Reputations:
    Make sure Acer will support the downgrade.

10. Big Seb

Big Seb Newbie

Reputations:
    Actually you may find the bulk of your drivers on your notebook. When I decided to dualboot XP and Vista on my 7720G (Vista preinstalled) I ran into the same problems. I could boot up in XP but couldn't use the USB ports, graphics card, card reader, etc. One day, while in XP (on D drive), I started going through the C drive (Vista) file by file. I found the bulk of my drivers there along with their Vista counterparts. Total Commander is a good tool for this. Then I just ran the setup.exe files for everything marked XP and HEY PRESTO... it worked!!! Only missing then was the driver for my graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 8400). Theat I got from some boffiny people. I wish I knew how to upload it to share it with you guys. Now everything works a charm.

Don't let people tell you that you can't put XP on a 7720. That's absolute rubbish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.