what gaming laptop should i buy?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by vader344, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vader344

vader344 Newbie

Reputations:
    General Questions

1) What is your budget?
    Around 1800-1900 Euro. Maximum 1920

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    Between 15.6 and 17 inch
    3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
    Hungary, Europe

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    a. Like: Any Clevo based laptop ( i heard that they are relly good),ASUS, maybe acer
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
    NO

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
    Mainly Gaming at Very high and/or ultra settings, Movie/series watching, music listening and playing around with virtual dj( just with keyboard), playing with emulators,

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
    Both

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
    Yes, Big AAA games like ghost recon wildlands(and other open world games) tps games, Far Cry, Forza, and other racing games, strategic games,

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
    Well i dont really know at least a couple hours

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
    Its OK (if im ordering from another country im not able to see the laptop anyway)

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
    Windows 7 or 10

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
    1080p Full HD 2k, 4k (120 or 144hz)

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
    Both are ok i think.

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
    Not that much

15) When are you buying this laptop?
    In the next month or early summer

16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
    At least 3-4 years

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
    Yess i need SSD (min. 256gb) and a HDD 1-2 TB

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
    No.
    Oh and a little more help :
    Cpu: at least i7 7700HQ or a new coffe leak cpu(if that is possible at this price)
    Gpu: gtx 1070
    And good cooling, good panel

2. vader344

vader344 Newbie

Reputations:
    um did i write something wrong that i didn't receive any comment?

3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    I’m sleeping now bro I’ll reply to you when I wake up after 6 hours

4. skman

skman Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  5. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    @vader344

Based on your budget and the need for the 8th en CPU, I recommend you this one:

Custom Built MSI GE73 Raider 8RF RGB-012 17.3" w/ nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

It has a beautiful 17.3" FHD (1920*1080), 120Hz 3ms Wideview 94%NTSC Color Anti-Glare screen and very good keyboard

I also recommend you tick the following option when ordering:

Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on CPU + GPU, and Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads on heat sensitive surfaces – BEST PERFORMANCE – installed by HIDevolution

If you email donald@hidevolution.com and tell him your NBR Forum username, you can get the NBR Discount

HIDevlution does a great job in terms of build quality, thermal paste application, and a lot of testing so you are sure to receive a laptop that works great out of the box.

GrandesBollas, skman and candyninja32 like this.
  6. FOcast

FOcast Newbie

Reputations:
    Given that you like ASUS, here's another option similar to those above: ASUS Strix GL703 - http://www.hidevolution.com/asus-gl703gs-ds74.html

It also has the Coffee Lake processor and 1070 video card, with a 144hz screen for about $150 less than the Raider.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  7. vader344

vader344 Newbie

Reputations:
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  8. skman

skman Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Best would be to go through the checkout and see how much it would cost. I don't have any experience with gentech so i'm not sure. If you give @Donald@HIDevolution at HIDevolution, he can chat with you about it. I live in Hong Kong and it's not terribly expensive to ship considering weight and insurance.
    I know Phoenix lives in Dubai, he's got quite a bit of experience with rigs being shipped from the US.
    There are some european companies too but I don't have much info to help.

camberman3000 likes this.
  9. vader344

vader344 Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks for the help:D i sent an e-mail to donald about the shipping and other things. About the US order i looked it and i think i must pay 25% VAT for my laptop and maybe there is no fee if im ordering aoutside from Europe.

10. vader344

vader344 Newbie

Reputations:
    Um anybody know any good laptop seller in Europe any msi asus ooor clevo? (if i buy from europe there is no VAT or any fees) I looked up the clevo resellers page here today and i found 5-6 resellers that have laptops with good price but i dont know any of these clevo resellers if anyone could help me with buying laptop in Europe as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.