What Gaming Laptop Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Addicted2GamZz, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Addicted2GamZz

Addicted2GamZz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi everyone i'm thinking of upgrading my laptop(again), as my ASUS one i have, the sound quality is decent, would like one that's even better, and it's a bit big in the thickness way, thinking of getting either the HP OMEN 17, which of the HP OMEN 17 2017 model has an optical drive, others i'm considering is the Lenovo Legion Y720, Lenovo Ideapad Y910 or the MSI GT72VR Dominator Pro, and also open to suggestions

1) What is your budget?
    Under £2000
    2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    15 or a 17 inch
    3) Where will you buying this notebook?
    UK
    4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    Not sure until i check their reviews
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
    Definitely no, always go for brand new
    6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
    Gaming, Web browsing, streaming youtube videos, etc.
    7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
    Yes, but not as often, also use it on a desk and a sofa
    8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
    Yes, action games, shooting games, e.g Grand Theft Auto, Mafia, Sims, among others, looking to keep it for at least 3,4-5 years
    9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
    4-5 hours minimum
    10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
    I don't mind as i watch laptop reviews on google and youtube
    11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
    Windows 10
    12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
    Full HD (1920 x 1080p)
    13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
    Depends, i'll check the reviews to see if i like the screen or not
    14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
    Yes and No, although it's performance is the main category
    15) When are you buying this laptop?
    2-3 months
    16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
    4-5 minimum
    17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
    1TB HDD and at least a 128/256GB SSD (although i plan to use my current storage i upgraded in my laptop on my new one)
    18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
    No, as i already have an external DVD burner, if i buy a laptop that doesn't feature one
    19) I'm also looking for gaming laptops that are either a GTX 1060 or a GTX 1070, also is there any difference in performance if i just play at Full HD :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.