What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    By rule, when I see a post complaining of games being political in some way, that is merely the inadvertent admission that the game held political views contrary to their own.

...nobody attributes politics to a situational presentation that matches their own worldviews.

I have to pick a new game. I tried Pumpkin Jack, but it didn't take. I have a little trouble getting into new games.

...I also have trouble prying myself away from old favorites, like FO4.

killkenny1, JRE84 and yrekabakery like this.
  2. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Possibly this is why the other posters didn't see any of it, but it's certainly cleverly disguised in most media format and does require discernment/ relevant knowledge as well, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. There are plenty of references in games that someone who has no knowledge of the referenced original material would never notice, most of the time it's hijacked/skewed by the referencer for thier own purposes. SJW usually involves deliberately putting protected, "more equal", entities in certain roles just because they've been designated so by the system at various levels. It's a falsehood for political and othe purposes and is inserted in subtle ways. It also involves deliberate slander of other not protected, deemed less equal, entities. It involves horrid hypocrisy of the current systems own "values". Greedfall is fantasy based but don't be so naive as to think that that's not done for real purposes in the real world.

I'm not too far into greedfall so maybe it's just a fluke/non-political what I noticed so far.. It's pretty janky all over and TW3 playthrough is so much better I haven't been back to it after getting to the first setting after the boat ride. TW3, even the latest version, still crashes at battle kaer morhen unless I turn all low/720p always had that problem since it came out. Too much going on and not properly fixed. Probably have that problem with the final ships battle in skellige too when I get there.

3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I think @thegreatsquare nailed it perfectly.
    I often see these complains and SJW shoutouts when some game doesn't align with someone's views. And it is always with these games that present, let's say, idealistic society and not the other way around. No one complains i.e. about Call Of Duty and it's mass genocide.
    And it is not what some of us don't see this, often it's because we don't care about it. It's a game, why complain and continue playing when something doesn't bring you joy when there are thousand of other games around.

hfm likes this.
  4. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well ok then, I'll just post what I'm playing from now on. I always just liked to comment on it to give an opinion for others consideration, but will leave political stuff out. I don't play COD/cs or any other killathon focused games for that reason it's degrading and frankly uninteresting. Same goes for those dreadful thief simulator, drug dealer simulator, sex games etc I have a hard time playing gtas too but do play them occasionally for the story and amazingly detailed open worlds.

5. Cylix101

Cylix101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I finally started Red Dead Redemption 2, what a beautifull game, looks stunning and the gameplay and atmosphere are superb aswell. What a masterpiece!

JRE84 and killkenny1 like this.
  6. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Amazing game, one of my all time favorites.
    It also has scheduled DLSS update coming out tomorrow so looking forward to that performance boost.

7. Cylix101

Reputations:
    Nice, didnt knew that, lets see what improvements we get

8. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Tried it. Definitely looks better than TAA or FXAA and performs better than MSAA.

Cylix101 likes this.
  9. Cylix101

Reputations:
    Did a quick test myself, looks really great with it and performence did increase, maybe 10 FPS more, ill need to test more when i play :)

killkenny1 likes this.
  10. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Did a test using Vulkan. I think TAA looks better on some of the edges, some texture detail and definitely Arthur's hair doesn't have the patchwork effect looks more detailed. DLSS Quality did a better job on the power lines and also just the fact that something that was around 40FPS on Ultra moved to 50+ FPS is a win. I could definitely see DLSS was a little lower texture quality in some cases. It was hard to spot though I really had to look close. I had to really scrutinize on the 2nd run throughs to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing. I did two one with vsync 75Hz since I always use it I hate tearing and this game had bad tearing with it off. I think overall with how hard it was to tell the two apart I'd leave DLSS Quality on even at 1080p. No way I'm going lower than that though at 1080p.

Ultra 1080p TAA vs DLSS Quality, oddly the runs with vsync on still went over 75Hz.. I never actually saw the FPS counter go over 75 though and it was pegged at 75 in some scenes that went well over with it off, so it must be some in between anomaly. Sorry about the odd sizes I didn't bother trying to crop them all the same size. Gained roughly 10FPS average, or around 16% increase at 1080 for DLSS Quality. The more huge win was the first scene with the snow where the FPS counter was in the low 40s for TAA and the 50s for DLSS Quality. That's more like a 25% gain for that lower perf section. The final numbers don't really reflect that.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021