What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Adult me - meh, whatever...
    Teenager me at the time if he heard those new - u f!@#$%g w0t m8?!?

But don't you worry, there's always gonna be mans1a3er

First 15 seconds of this video describes perfectly well what I thought Mass Effect games were about.

Otherwise I expect there to be camera angle restoration mods on Nexus :D

On topic - Ubisoft release a demo for Immortals Fenyx Rising, so I gave it a go. A bit of the nix between Odyssey and Zelda, and it's a bit of fun. Now a bit salty, should have bought it instead of AC Valhalla as it's way better...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  2. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Compared to FO3/FNV, FO4 was a color explosion, really well done and I still love the techno-50's theme and the graphics have a softness to them that still amazes me on my second playthrough now. It's depressing but not as much as CP77 to me. It does have less complexity than the other ones as far as dialogue choices I guess, but for me just the gaming part of it is way better. There are tons of different avenues to go in, it just isn't so much for the end game cutscenes. I've discovered a few different avenues years later that I had no idea about etc

I didn't notice/care about the missing systems that were in the other games. The power armor is fantastic as well as the verticality that that unlocks. I liked both DLC but Nuka World with the settlements was just too late, I don't want to attack my own settlements to finish a DLC story or do the rigamarole to empty them out etc I mean I'm the new raider leader I should have ultimate say. There needed to be a choice to say, hey these are my settlements we'll just skim off the top no need for violence etc but nope. I played with KBM first now with xbone gamepad, both work fine.

----------
    Doing different FO4 endings/radiant faction quests/DLC. Still on Yakuza 0 which does drag with a lot of dialogue at times but generally a really good game.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    JRE84 likes this.
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    you guys will probably tease me but super mario world snes9x emulator xbox controller

hertzian56 likes this.
  4. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I loved that Super Mario. That and Donkey Kong 1 and 2 on SNES were my absolute favorite games for a long time.

5. hertzian56

Reputations:
    Nah it's nice to play more innocent type of just fun games for a change, nintendo does that so well. That being said I'm replaying dying light as it's one of my all time favorites, I don't think I've played a better game in 2020 to now and it's amazing it came out in 2015. That was an amazing year for pc games.

cucubits likes this.
  6. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    +1. It truly is a zombie masterpiece. I played it so much and now that I think about it, I've started The Following but I've never got too far with it. Most likely it's time to start a new playthrough.

I absolutely loved the atmosphere. Having grown up in eastern Europe, that home base apartment building with small rooms, full of furniture brought back lots of memories. They did their homework very well.

I still remember the Korek Machete and how good friends we were after I unlocked the grappling hook :)

A fun little tidbit from my first playthrough: right at the beginning, I vaguely remember some sort of a tutorial mission and at one point it starts getting dark and they're calling you back to the apartment building. For whatever reason I did not rush back and to my surprise, night never came. I think it's the only point in game where you can relatively safely free roam and take your time, it stays dusk forever. Of course it's right at the start of the game so you don't have almost any skills or good weapons but still, I made quite a lot of experience, I remember exploring that bridge full of zombies... it gave me a really nice head start in the game.

Oh yeah, I remember where I stopped playing The Following... there was a mission which takes you to a dark cave and you find a screaming zombie baby. I hate screaming zombie babies. Gave me the creeps.

hertzian56 likes this.
  7. hertzian56

Reputations:
    I actually haven't started from the beginning I have various state saves of it but I'll have to do that. The Following not as good but a nice add on to the main map, didn't use the buggy much since it's faster to just use a speedwalker trainer option lol Pretty much the only game that can still get my hairs up and make me nervous it's so immersive. Can't wait for DL2, hopefully this year.

8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Well, good job Ubisoft. I was so impressed with the demo that I decided to grab the game. they had a -30% sale plus I used my points to get another -20%, though sadly not together but on top.
    Anyway, really like it. Can't believe Ubi made this, only MTX store reminds me that Ubisoft has something to do with this game. In comparison AC Valhalla looks so stale to Immortals. This game is simply fun. Familiar gameplay is refreshed by adding gliding, stamina mechanic and puzzles/challenges. And cartoony graphics complement silly and lighthearted characters/story perfectly.
    Spent most of the week playing it.

Otherwise some truckin' in Euro Truck Simulator 2, some freight hauling in Derail Valley, and some staby-staby in Age Of Empires II DE.

9. hertzian56

Reputations:
    Finished Yakuza 0 last night and it was a crazy ride, totally recommended. I'm kinda sad about the lack of majima in most of the yakuza games though and the turn he takes from y0 to kiwami which is what I started last night. Was also just wandering in RDR2 because it's such a pretty game to look at. I'm wishing they would do a full remake of RDR1 for next gen and pc they have huge parts of the map redone already in RDR2 obviously.

10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    tony hawk 1 and 2 remake 2020...pretty fun amazing graphics