What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Yeah, I know, wishful thinking... Sad to see how Beth ruined Fallout... FO3 was a decent start, and Obsidian showed how it's done.
    Had big hopes Beth would take the template and add a better gameplay. They did add a better gunplay in FO4, but overall it was a downgrade all around...

Anyway, decided to play a bit of ETS2. Delivering COVID-19 vaccines. First one is done!
    [​IMG]

"I'm doing my part" :D:D:D

hfm and JRE84 like this.
  2. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nah it's the best one but there's no accounting for taste.

3. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Yup, it’s the best one in oversimplification and dumbing down...

No karma, removed skills, crap writing and dialogues, lazy (has the same exact music as FO3) and so forth...

4. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Story is subjective I didn't find it more or less better/worse than the other 3d FO's tbh. Gameplay was vastly better and I liked the graphics. The Perks were overwhelming to me, too many with too many levels, I never use VATS either. The add ons of settlements really drew me in, I can't remember if you can have companions in the other 3d FO's but I liked that. I didn't notice the same music as FO3 but liked it until I just got sick of it after a while and turned it off altogether. Dialogues were fine, maybe not as complex I guess, but it's been a while since I played the other ones, still haven't quite got back into FO3, it's, so muddy color wise and of course buggy. I usually just go on my opinion hands on, not what is parroted endlessly YMMV obviously.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  5. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's true.
    I was expecting to get a game with proper RPG mechanics and branching dialogues and quests lines, but instead got an open world building sandbox...
    This is why I dislike FO4 so much. It was stripped of things I liked in the series.

Never cared about building TBH. Tried it a couple of times, the UI was horrible (played with keyboard and mouse) and forgot about it.
    VATS was a good improvement, one of the few things I actually liked in FO4. It went into slowmo instead of freezing time.
    Companions were there since the very first Fallout game, albeit with less character.

Anyway... On my third COVID-19 vaccine delivery in ETS2 :D

hertzian56 likes this.
  6. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I didn't get on with Fallout 4 at all. Hated the gameplay it felt really boring compared to 3/nv and the whole base building was a dumb addition.

7. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I agree. I did like Fallout 4 and enjoyed my time in it, but the crafting and building thing just seemed to get in the way of the stuff I really wanted to do. I understand some people really liked the building mechanic, I just don't care about that stuff.

8. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Played the crap out of FO4, didn't craft at all. A common dynamic for me in games is that if I don't need to craft I usually don't. For me one of the biggest drags on my enjoyment with the series has been the relentlessly drab game world. If you look at events at a certain place in Ukraine and what it looked like even just a few years later you don't see trash covering every surface, it isn't for some inexplicable reason dark and uniformly ugly.

About upcoming games, I'm going to be a day one buy on the Mass Effect remaster; I played the bejesus out of all 3 of them back in their day. I little disconcerting that they felt the need to rework cameras so as not to spend as much time doing things like admiring Miranda's butt; I suppose in this day and age it was inevitable. Evidently the also reduced the male Shep man-spreading. I don't know what man-spreading is; have to remember to look that up. In any event it's less.

JRE84 likes this.
  9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I liked your post but honestly you think its drab and ugly I found it striking and beautiful.

hertzian56 and krabman like this.
  10. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It can be ok at times but for the most part I find the look depressing and I fully admit that's strictly subjective. Still; I'm not the only one who thinks so: several reviewers said as much. However that may be it takes all kind, if it worked for you, great!