What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I haven't played FO3/FNV since switching to win10 and the GOG version install went ok but it has crashed a couple of times already, ugh into the forums I go.

2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Sounds like a perfectly fine working Game Bryo game :D:D:D

hertzian56 likes this.
  3. hertzian56

Reputations:
    LOL yeah I know and I knew there were most likely going to be issues and have applied a couple of ini and compatibility fixes so we'll see. I figure if I can get fo3 working fine then fnv should work better. It's really dumb that GOG and Steam sell these old games but there is little proofing of modern OS issues other than all the patches, removing GFWL etc

killkenny1 likes this.
  4. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Stonks

killkenny1 likes this.
  5. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Finished The Outer Worlds, so it's back to shooting Nazis in their balls (Sniper Elite 4).

The Outer Worlds, well, I really liked it. A great game. Only few developers can make such AA/AAA game these days with branching quests, interesting characters with their quirky dialogues and companion story arcs, and rich lore. Gameplay was pretty good, excepted a bit worse, but turned out to be quite enjoyable. Biggest let down were the outer worlds. Most locations were pretty bland. Also a lot of loading. Most of the quests send you to different places. So you get the quest, go to your ship <loading> travel to the planet <loading> land on the planet, reach the destination i.e. some building <loading> inside that building there is another area <loading> you do the objective, get another one i.e. maybe to talks to someone, go outside <loading> <loading> go to a different location (pray to spaghetti monster it's on the same map <loading> talk, go back to the quest giver to finish the quest on a different planet <loading> <loading> <loading>
    Gah! Afterwards playing something like CP2077 or AC Valhalla makes you really appreciate actual open world games.

Game length was fine for me, took 40 hours to finish the game, which actually is my preferred length for open world games (40-60 hours). I don't have time to mess around in your artificially stretched out games (looking at you, Ubisoft). Unless it's something good, I usually get bored, drop the game, and despite spending 100 of hours still think I wasted money on the game, because I didn't get to see the ending (or used Youtube to see it).
    I suppose criticism can be made that TOW is a short game if you only do main story. That's correct, it's probably something like 15 hours just for the main quest, but come on, you buy an open world game and don't do any of the side quests? You are doing it wrong! And those side quests are pretty good.

So yeah, played the game, finished the game, and loved it, including the ending.
    After a downer yet still kinda hopeful ending in Cyberpunk 2077, received the best possible ending you could in TOW. feelsgoodman.jpg
    Just feels nice to get a all around happy ending once in a while.[/quote]

hertzian56 likes this.
  6. hertzian56

Reputations:
    Oh it's a good game and plenty long, even better now with the dlc which I have not played. Waiting for GOTY with both planned DLC included. It doesn't have the amount of side stories/activities etc as FO4 though, nor the exploration amount which I enjoy, FO4 has all that underground real estate as well.

I've noticed all these yakuza remasters lately and decided to try 0 since it seems to be the recommended starting point and man what a gem, normally not my kind of game, beatemup, but it has so much more and the whacky side skits are hilarious, totally recommended. Not too expensive and will play on a potato since they're old games but still great. So with all the games out I'm set for a long while.

7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    So far people say first add-on for TOW is not very good. Waiting for the second one, maybe it's gonna be better.

Oh, Fallout 4, such a huge let down... Was a bit hyped for the game and then I played it... Since then I don't hype myself for the game releases...
    I expected Beth to take notes from wonderful New Vegas, but alas it didn't happen...
    Since MS has now Zenimax and Obsidian, my wish is that they give the development of the next Fallout game to Obsidian. They can do great games with proper budget and time. Or remake/remaster of Fallout 1 and 2 would also be nice.

8. hertzian56

Reputations:
    FNV is way overrated to me, it didn't feature any new gameplay types and the whole "choices matter" argument just falls flat. What? so you can go back to your previous save and see other endings? The dlc were a huge plus, FO4 could have used another DLC that had a separate map. From your POV don't hold your breath on the FO series with the new owners. I don't get it either since TOW is very FO4 inspired but ok.

9. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just downloaded FNV. What are the best visual mods according to you?

10. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The recently leaked beta of Goldeneye 007 that was supposed to be released on Xbox Live Arcade for the 360. I haven't played this game since the N64, and it feels strange using an Xbox controller to do it since you can't move while aiming. While there are bugs and slowdowns (some of which I would attribute to using the Xenia emulator), it's been a very fun experience. Wish the rights holders would pull their collective craniums from their backsides and allow this amazing game to get its proper due.