What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Oh damn.. I assumed that after all was said and done I could go back to running around the city. Well then.. I guess I better vacuum everything up before hand. Thanks for that, not really spoiling anything except now I wonder if there's a story reason for not doing that.. like.. V doesn't exist from a lore standpoint.. but I'm just speculating without knowing lol. I'll find out I guess!

2. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah thought I'd just save you some time really, there are endings so it makes sense but to me it just got like groundhogs day after a couple of endings sequences so just googled/youtubed the rest. It does save your side missions etc progress when you start the ending sequence so you don't need to worry about losing what you've done afterwards, you can just go back to before or go to the main menu/new game etc, but you will have the annoying "go see (can't remember) at embers" objective defaulted to when not selecting another side objective.

hfm likes this.
  3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah I figured I could just load the save before afterward.. but I think I'm in the frame of mind to just play completionist before seeing an ending and then revisit the game when some DLC comes out. I got so many other games to get to. :)

hertzian56 likes this.
  4. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I almost commented as @hertzian56 did, it's a little disappointing all the crafting and looting I did after that point was lost. However I am glad to have completed the story a few times, to get that out of the way, so I could move on to the "end game" of actually doing the quests and continuing to level up.

hfm likes this.
  5. hertzian56

Reputations:
    You did crafting and looting during the ending sequence? Well yes you do lose that bc there is no saving during the ending sequence afaik, it's a one off every time then either on to a new game or just go back to where you left off at the elevator and side stuff or just go into another ending sequence right away to get the different ones. That's a catch you got there, I assumed there was no crafting allowed during the ending sequence, never tried it then. Looting I didn't notice anything that was special other than npc specific stuff that I think you do retain, the rest can be had in the pre-ending campaign from what i remember.

hfm likes this.
  6. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'm in no hurry to complete the story, I'm actually having a lot of fun grinding out all the NCPD gigs. It's getting a little silly though I can basically just walk in and pop off a bunch of pistol headshots ..

hertzian56 likes this.
  7. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I didn't think it saved anything from that sequence, I know I lost a bunch of levels. I guess I'm just not used to that, I'm used to keeping everything I had at that point. It takes away from the endings to me, knowing that no matter what I do I will lose it all anyways.

8. Vaardu

Vaardu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Borderlands: GOTY on Switch.

9. hertzian56

Reputations:
    Yeah when I think about it it doesn't, I'd mention what npc specific item I'm thinking of but don't want to give away too much spoilers. I wasn't able to pickup the optional npc specific item in that ending so no way to confirm it. The other special stuff is just for that specific ending, which imo should be available in the campaign game in some form, but that's another huge gaping hole in the game among many.

hfm likes this.
  10. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Back home where my desktop PC with CP2077 is.

Porter likes this.