What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Deks

Deks Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    From what I can ascertain of online chats... it looks like Horizon Zero Dawn was outsourced to someone else who did a relatively bad port... Guerilla devs are now in the process of releasing patches for the game that should fix these issues.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I've seen those reports as well, seems to make sense that this is what happened.

3. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    AC odyssey, some assorted side quests in origins, grounded sp, prey mc, control dlc foundation.
    For grounded I'd recommend just doing the offline, using a trainer to cut the grind out and refunding before time limit bc there's not more than 1 hour of straight play(mostly tutorial) there besides survival grinding which is not my thing. Nice graphics even at medium/60 but it's little more than a demo they want full price for with some promise for more substance later on(sighs). Map is not that big. Could be really cool if they give it a proper campaign story mode and a much bigger map. Funny how whacky they get with pc junk like the arachnophobia setting but the other giant bugs attacking you don't merit similar lol By this point any gamer should have seen much more scary things than spiders in game! He# there have been plenty of huge spiders in other games before or worse lol

Finally booted up outer wilds and idk not my thing, seems too cutesy and the timer is a big turnoff, wasn't hugely interested in the "worlds" either, controls were a pain even with a gamepad. Prey MC would be great if there wasn't a timer as well but that just kills it and it's the same level over and over, just dumb.

Control Foundation DLC is ok, not a fan of the white out backgrounds of the rock hopping levels so blurry camera effects, way too high contrast/ camera bloom when caves and the white out levels come together and I can find no way to tone that down. Hopefully the AW oriented DLC later on will be better. Game needs better optimization 1080/60 should not be so hard to get but that seems to be Remedy for ya.

4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Put HZD aside to play Control. Pretty damn good.
    Actually didn't realize it was coming out on Steam. Only saw it in one of the pop-ups.

Prototime and hfm like this.
  5. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That's hilarious I just bought the dlc for that finally on EGS and was playing it last night. Foundation is good so far, feels good to be playing that again it's such a good game. I had a $10 EGS coupon still and the season pass was on sale. Got them for under $10. :)

Prototime, cucubits and killkenny1 like this.
  6. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm trying out Hellsign. Looks interesting so far but I don't know how it holds up for a proper playthrough.

Otherwise I'm a bit stuck... uninstalled HZD, for now I don't feel like returning to Death Stranding. Need to find something new...

7. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    edit: double post.

8. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just beat The Foundation DLC last night. So much fun. Looking forward to getting started on the Alan Wake DLC next.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    hfm likes this.
  9. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Same!! Foundation was excellent. I'm a small ways into AWE, it's pretty good so far, loving the Alan Wake tie in. I really like how they are leaving so many things mysterious.

Prototime likes this.
  10. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just finished AWE (except for the Schum games side mission). It was fun but a bit underwhelming. A lot of reused assets and repetition, and the Alan Wake story progression was quite a bit less than I was expecting it would be. And the main mission ended abruptly. I enjoyed it, and the boss fight at the end was a load of fun. Overall, AWE pales in comparison to The Foundation, but I'm still happy I got to have some fun with it.