What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Replaying the classic Severance Blade of Darkness. Takes some effort to make it work on a modern PC.

cucubits and JRE84 like this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    grid....amazing graphics less than amazing handling

TR2N likes this.
  3. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Duude, nice! I haven't heard this name come up in such a long time. I remember being so into this, it gave me nightmares. Literally. One time I woke and found myself standing on the bed, probably trying to see if any skeletons are sneaking up on me :)

I remember it was a properly difficult game and every time I found a cool new sword or got the hang of a new combo, it would be so satisfying. A particularly marking moment in the game was when I'd find the sword which gives HP back... Queen's something, can't remember what it was called, but I do know that was almost the only weapon I'd use to be able to stay alive from that point.

Thinking about it now, is this one of the games that inspired Dark Souls?

BrightSmith likes this.
  4. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's often been called a spiritual predecessor, don't know if there's a direct connection.

5. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Got back into Elite Dangerous for a bit. (Had not played it for a long time). Just off exploring in a random direction. I never really played it seriously enough to get a decent ship. Kitting out an Asp Explorer, but I still have yet to start grinding the engineers to improve it. One thing I'm realizing as I get into less used sectors is that being the first to discover things isn't very lucrative from a bonus perspective. Mapping is way more lucrative.

Also finally landed on a planet for the first time, pretty fun actually.

JRE84 and cucubits like this.
  6. cucubits

Reputations:
    I think I'm going to replay Far Cry 5.

I keep finding myself listening to that damned soundtrack more and more often. I even start it sometimes when I'm driving around. It's properly hilarious and here in Texas it sort of fits in so well with all the religious nuts running around :D

This is the only game I can think of where I'm so fascinated by the main antagonist. Obviously this was the point, but they really did an amazing job. The character they chose, fits in so incredibly well and if they wouldn't be a bunch of homicidal maniacs, I swear I'd have tried to join them.

upload_2020-7-9_23-58-21.png

TR2N and unlogic like this.
  7. unlogic

unlogic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had a chance to play Far Cry 5 for 3 days during last Uplay free weekend. Because it was only short of time, I cannot say about the story but gameplay wise, I prefer Far Cry 4 than Far Cry 5. No doubt that Far Cry 5 has better graphics and better optimized but Far Cry 4 still has better physics and the gun sounds are more meaty:)

By the way, I just got 100% completion in Far Cry 4 with Sabal missions. I’m thinking to replay with Amita mission. To be honest, I wish I could side with Pagan Min and crush the Golden Path.

cucubits likes this.
  8. cucubits

Reputations:
    I do remember I did not like Amita's attitude throughout the game.

Hope you reconsider Far Cry 5. It's pretty different from 4 and to be honest, I liked 5 way more.

9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Once again brute forcing myself through Sniper Elite 4.

10. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'm still winding my way across the galaxy in Elite Dangerous. I've entered an area where there's just system after system that is undiscovered.

Mr. Fox likes this.