What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I know that a little while ago I said Warzone is not that good, too fast, too chaotic. Well, I decided to give it another shot a few days ago and I have to say I find myself having a lot of fun.

PUBG ruining their own game with bots and RoE with the stupid new map and lack of players kinda pushed me here.

So yeah, Warzone is fun. Much easier than the two other BR games mentioned. In almost every Warzone BR game I walk away with at least 5-6 kills and 10-15 in Plunder sessions. Focusing on something specific is also enjoyable: now I'm leveling up an AR to get all the good attachments and progression is quick and satisfying.

Another cool little feature, I love that they implemented the "open mic thing": when a player kills another, for about 1-2 seconds you can hear the killed players mic feed. I can say that in a few days I've learned a bunch of swear words in various languages :)))

JRE84 likes this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Haha nice...I'll have to check it out..

3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Superhot VR.
    It's amazing! It's like Max Payne or Matrix in VR form. So far I like it more than Boneworks.
    I just need to be careful. I already got carried out a few times and hit a wall with controller :D

Plane level is amazeballs!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Finished A Plague Tale: Innocence. A great single player game with strong story, interesting characters, beautiful music, and, already mentioned, passable gameplay. Took me 15 hours to finish, so didn't overstay its welcome and had me really hooked. Mandatory stealth section sucked balls, and had a bug in last chapter which made me reload a level (luckily had to replay only 1/3 of the chapter).

Back to Metro Exodus...and some VR games on the side.

hfm likes this.
  5. cucubits

Reputations:
    I had one of these too, not a spoiler... where the chandelier is supposed to fall on an armored dude. It fell but he didn't die as it was supposed to be in the script and progression was stuck. Only chapter reload fixed it.

In the mean time I'm sitting on my hands to stop me from buying Star Citizen. It's crazy how mad I am at them for what's essentially a scam they're running, but after playing for a bit during the free week, I can't stop thinking about it. They're messing with my mind.

Playing Mass Effect - Andromeda now :)

JRE84 likes this.
  6. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That's why they had that free week and how they've gotten this far and funded this much. The promise of what it could be is nothing short of amazing.

I just have zero confidence that they will realize that vision properly. I have funded Elite Dangerous to get the lifetime expansion pass and I also bought No Man's Sky.

Both of those games are fun for me for a short period of time then I get bored. I'm more partial to Elite since I can solo mode that and treat it like a zen space experience with not much drama, but there's not enough there to keep me invested for long periods. Capital ships doesn't interest me much (I might log in just to see it) as I'm not interested in investing the time or really multiplayer at all to make it worthwhile.

The new upcoming first person mode might get me back to check it out.

My huge barrier for these MMO experiences and Star Citizen as well, is it's too much time commitment to get the payoff from it. My style and free time is more jumping on 5 to 100 hour single player experiences then moving to the next unique one.

JRE84 likes this.
  7. unlogic

unlogic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just bought Far Cry 4 during recent sales + $10 coupon from Epic games store.

This is my 1st Far Cry experience and this game exceeded my expectations!! The gameplay is surprisingly fun!! The weapons sound and feel so good. The stealth system is fantastic. You can also ride and using the elephant to kill enemies and rhinos.

Graphics are maybe look a bit old in 2020 but it took me some time to adjust my eyes and starting to appreciate Far Cry 4 Himalayan setting and environment. It has a very good physics and details. The Yogi & Reggie and Shangri-La missions are unique.

hfm and JRE84 like this.
  8. cucubits

Reputations:
    Maan I hated those missions. Can't remember why though :)

unlogic likes this.
  9. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Right now, a nostalgic return to Civ4 BTS. In for a marathon game with a permanent alliance with Catherine, Earth map, 18 civs, conquest victory.

In between & always returning to:
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Still restarting new games with new characters :rolleyes:
    Witcher 3.

10. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations: