What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Still playing Gears 5 and really liking it.

joluke likes this.
  2. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Had to quit Jedi Fallen Order, I got to a place coming out of origin tree level and the rope zipline thing would not activate to pull me out of the area to the next one(from yt videos), it's a really bugged game. There's no fast travel to get anywhere in this game, only the last save magic circle right there so no way past the bug for me I'm stuck permanently, really terrible level design in many places too you have no indication of where to go and there's no in game live marker or way to highlight the path needed, games a 2 for me now from a 6 or 7, garbage. Had to watch a lot of yt videos, another indication of bad design. From videos I got about half way to 3/4 through. 50GB installed for this garbage going shortly. Again to save yourself a LOT of frustration if you want it ,wait a month or two or when it's 40 or less.

EDIT: alternate solution is dl a 100% savegame uploaded to gamecopyworld maybe it unlocks levels, I'll give it a try. Tried it it does have free roam after the story but as far as the story I'm done, can run through the other two levels/worlds though. Done, uninstall.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    joluke likes this.
  3. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Going through Deus Ex: Mankind Divided with all DLCs this time.

If I had to choose one game (series), this would be it. I'm a sucker for sci-fi, high tech augmentations, stealth games, plausible dystopian future stories. I love everything about this series.

hfm and joluke like this.
  4. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I like Deus Ex series, original game was one of my favorite RPG games. DX:HR was also great. Mankind Divided was pretty meh - too short and too preachy. Would be nice to see continuation but perhaps made by different team of developers.

This fan movie was also great:

joluke likes this.
  5. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    FFXIV is all about great music (the variety of excellent soundtracks unmatched by any other MMORPG game), great story (past lvl50 MSQs) and dressing up in fancy outfits to make screenshots and doing RP with your friends ;-) If you are not into any of that - then this game will not be for you (PvE fights are as boring as with any other MMORPG, same goes for instanced PvP and crafting).

TL;DR: FFXIV is about this:

JPEG_20190814_044952.png

And that (story and music):

Nothing else ;-)

6. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Same.

I even played through it once more earlier this year. That's an almost 20 years old game and I thoroughly enjoyed it, not once I was bothered by the graphics.
    Honestly I had forgotten most of it and I was just amazed of the size and sheer number of the levels. With the bar set that high, yes, Human Revolution is very short but I have some hopes of longevity with the two DLCs which are new to me.

Fun fact: I've been watching The Expanse series (after reading the books by James SA Corey) and in the first season there's a character played by the dude who voice acted Adam Jensen. It was amazing how suddenly he was so familiar. Love that voice.

7. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    DEHR is one of my favs, DEMD was good but not too memorable for me, didn't it end on some cliffhanger ending and the developer said it will be years before they get back to it, if ever? Can't remember it too much tbh, whereas HR I played through a few times with the dlc. Just finished Dying Light EE w the Following and there's a great game.

8. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'm still making my way through Divinity:OS2 as the Red Prince.

killkenny1 likes this.
  9. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Reinstalled Crysis 3 and it amazes me how good looking that game is even compared to current games at the same resolution and settings, blows me away. I don't find modern games any better at the resolutions I play at, not much progress imo just RT marketing gimmicks. Ofc it's terribly optimized and my laptop sounds like a jet engine most of the time but it's still 60fps+ vsync locked, no vsync it's 80-100+ fps. Playing "old" games like Dying Light and Crysis 3 after JFO is such a stark reminder of how progress isn't always linear or even in the "better" direction.

JRE84 and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Love Crysis 3. One of my all-time favorites. Actually, anything in the Crysis franchise is awesome.

JRE84 likes this.