What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Yup, can't wait!

hfm likes this.
  2. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    On that note I just completed my first play through of Ace Combat 7, definitely scratched that itch I had for Ace Combat nostalgia with fresh coat of paint.

3. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    We should fly sometime. I love the f14 module, having fun with the f16 right now also.

I actually just bought the new COD MW. First COD game i bought since the original very first modern warfare. I have been playing COD2 online with some old clan buddies for years. New COD MW because F! Dice and this BF1/V crap... AND i am actually having a BLAST with the new MW...

4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Sure, why not, would be open to some casual flying once I upgrade my PC. PvP not so much, as I haven't played it yet :D

5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 ON XBOX ONE S AD

6. kolias

kolias Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Definitely new call of duty :cool::cool:

7. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The jedi fallen game and tbh it's only about a 6 or 7(for star wars buffs). It's very buggy like falling through the ground buggy getting stuck in geometry etc, clunky combat with lag, tomb raider like but harder bc of the lag, buggy movement animations etc. A lot of "this door is sealed from other side" or "you need to get x or fix x to use this" type of filler, backtracking filler. A lot of 90's/mario/sonic cartoony type of stuff like sliding, jump to boingy platforms in the form of plants etc Cinematics stuff esp first part to impress the reviewers who played maybe first or second world only.

I think there's a lot of paid for via ad buys reviews and fake marketing company reviews that get it up to a 9 or 10 bc it's not that for sure. It's like remnant ashes level of game(AA) but not as optimized. No way to go lower than "medium" on settings, no aa control, no ambient occlusion control, blurry aa, long loading times. On lowest besides shadows settings (which I had to do in an inf file), aa off, 75% res scale, etc I get only around 45fps w huge drops here and there lots of stutter in places, this is on 768p. I'm not a star wars buff so that doesn't come into the scoring for me. 40$ or less game.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    joluke likes this.
  8. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks for the review. Won't be buying it then. Honest reviews is what I appreciate

Enviado do meu SM-N950F através do Tapatalk

Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah no worries man I was reading the rabid reviews and was wondering if we were playing the same game lol, (steam mostly), metacritic has some real reviews though, even that is too high overall. Most people do not realize the power/coordination of the marketing machine which includes gaming sites, manufacturers and developer proxy paid reviewers etc

The qualifier buzzword to look out for is "the best STAR WARS game...." so I guess in terms of SW games it probably is up there idk last one I played was KOTOR. Some are even saying GOTY which is utter nonsense, those have to be paid reviews. For me it would be RE2 remake maybe Sekiro but once I play RDR2 it'll most likely be that for PC. BL3 isn't too bad either but just more of the same BL or like a large BL2 expansion. Exodus too buggy and linear. I could see disco elysium but it wasn't for me and I'm offline single player only so no input for online mp stuff. Control was fun but no replay value/expansions, love remedy though.

JFO is fun but it's not 60$ 8/9/10 out of 10 fun, sale item after patches. You could get better perf only by having a rig that overpowers it but I've heard that 1440p+ is actually more buggy/stutter and larger fps drops like 144fps to 30fps, wow.

joluke likes this.
  10. FireLantern

FireLantern Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Trying out a bit of FFXIV, raids are great but the rest ehhh