What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just curious, when TW3 is maxed out including all the HairWorks options, what’s your lowest FPS drop when Geralt is up against the wall and you move the camera so the back of this head and hair completely fill the screen?

And what about performance around Hierarch Square in Novigrad?

2. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Been playing ace combat 7, really enjoy the return to form for this ip. The added dimensions over the ps2 Era were a healthy surprise one I didn't expect was lightning storms and shifts in the wind knocking your plane out of your desired path. The story is also of course welcomed, still working my way through it but I wouldn't be surprised if I boot up the emulator and get going on the ps2 installments again after.

3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    IDK, I don't have any FPS counters enabled to check FPS (I could add TW3 exe to Steam and launch it from there I guess, though I don't much care), but it doesn't seem to drop below 60 FPS (have it locked). Or maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I can definitely feel some small stutters in that area, so the system has trouble keeping up 60 FPS. Outside of that area I also get an odd stutter here or there, but nothing critical.

Also made a short flight in F-14B in DCS. I can finally use this plane. Before it was a stutter fest...
    Now I have to wait until I upgrade entire system and get 32 GBs of RAM. Multiplayer shenanigans here I come!

Otherwise I can't complain much about 970. Despite all the things nVidia tried to do to cripple the card, it was a pretty good product, and it served me well for 4,5 years. I definitely got my money's worth out of it, and to be honest it's still good for med/high gaming on 1200p, but the time has come for me to move on...

yrekabakery likes this.
  4. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    If memory serves me correctly most people were able to work around it even when hitting the vram cap by using an old ssd as a dedicated cache drive. At least that's what I remember from when I used to surf ocn.

5. killkenny1

Reputations:
    If you are talking about DCS MP - it's not VRAM, it's RAM. I crash on loading to the server. My RAM goes up to like 15,7 GBs used or something and then boom.
    I guess I could increase page file some more, but then I will probably get stutters, unless I drop some settings, which I don't want to.
    For the time being I'm fine with screwing around in Baguette or Bug in SP :)

6. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Got myself an Oculus Quest and been keeping myself busy with SuperHot and Beat Saber, about to try Vader Immortal. Loving the experience so far. I'm excited to plug my Quest into my laptop when the Oculus Link comes out in November and try some SteamVR games on it.

I'm also looking forward to the Control DLC coming out for PC later this year. Other than Control, there isn't much else in the way of PC games holding my interest at the moment, so I'm glad the Quest is keeping me busy.

Except there's also The Outer Worlds. Seriously considering giving that a buy, but holding off for now at least. Curious what others think of it.

7. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I have the game pass for PC so I have it from the MS Store. I haven't gotten very far yet, but I'm liking what I see to this point. Just as expected the mechanics are VERY Bethesda FP-RPG. The writing, chars, and voice acting are some of the high points. It also doesn't hurt that it's colorful and not all drab browns and greys. I will say without a doubt it's nice to play a Bethesda style RPG and NOT have those same people doing most of the voice acting. Everyone knows the voice actors I'm referencing.

You can see where its DNA is, but it definitely has a style all it's own. If a Bethesda style RPG sitting in a Firefly-ish wrapper sounds appealing to you it's worth picking it up.

Prototime likes this.
  8. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Playing The Surge 2 now. Game is a huge improvement over the first and a ton of fun.

9. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Prepar3D,
    Haven't played it more than a month. Good thing A320 is easy to operate under norm conditions :D

10. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I suspect you're interested in the new MS Flight Simulator releasing next year?