What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Viares Strake

Viares Strake Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Is that Europa? Been curious about that rts

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Ghost Recon Breakpoint open beta.
    Who's idea was it to turn GR into a looter shooter :mad:

3. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Uninstalled GR Breakpoint open beta and back to Greedfall.

4. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Metro Exodus, third play-through on the hardest difficulty.

Prototime likes this.
  5. macmyc

macmyc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I wanted to like the game so bad during the reveal etc.. but now that i have played it i'm not sure what they're doing. It looks like that kind of game that is made for profit, the story looks good but the gameplay makes it feel really ****.
    A bit like Mafia 3, which had an amazing work on cinematics but lacked a lot with repetitive gameplay.

6. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Yep, GRBP looks like it *grunts* was designed to please shareholders first and not gamers.
    They looked what previously sold well *grunts* and tried to mash it all. So going with available statistics, committee *grunts* decided that a "milsim light" with more pseudo RPG elements added and looter game mechanics attached *grunts* should be profitable for shareholders and enjoyable for players. After all, players did *grunts* enjoy recent AC and Division games.
    Seems like looter game mechanics and *grunts* pseudo RPG elements are the new "climb the towers" thing for Ubi...

But for me this game has *grunts* identity crisis... I don't understand what it is... I liked quality of life stuff, like better *grunts* animations, visual effects (like the trace your character leaves in snow), dirt camouflage, but *grunts* there is also a lot of wrong things like bullet sponge robots to justify gear *grunts* level and therefore loot system, dumb beyond dumber (it still funny that after all these years, F.E.A.R. is still pretty much *grunts* the height of the enemy AI in video games... and that game is considered old), non functioning camouflage, hub *grunts* area made purely to sell crap, etc.
    I could go on, but why should I when there are *grunts* already plenty of videos like the ones made by SkillUp or Operator Drewski, which are spot on!

As for Mafia 3, yeah, if there is a game that should have scrapped the open world (besides some of the Ubisoft titles), it's Mafia 3. It had a good hook, and overall story, and cutscenes were well made. The most enjoyable thing for me in Mafia 3 after hours of repeated gameplay was to watch a cutscene for, and play a story mission. In this regard it should have been cut like Mafia 2 - just limit to the story missions. I wouldn't have been that long, but i would have definitely be a more memorable game.
    Ironically, after looking through cut content, I wish that Mafia 2 was left on development for longer and made into a proper open world game...

macmyc likes this.
  7. Beemo

Beemo BGA is totally TSK TSK!

Reputations:
    Dead by Daylight but will be playing Rebel Cops tomorrow.

8. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Tried the Surge 2.
    No, just no... if anything it made me want to go back to dark souls.

9. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Control. A fantastic game. Reminds me a lot of Prey (2017).

cucubits likes this.
  10. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Right, great idea. I had this on the back burner and wanted to give it a go.

I absolutely loved the atmosphere in Prey. I still miss the intro/loading music.

Prototime likes this.