What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. TR2N

TR2N Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Metro2033
    Original version.
    :vbthumbsup:

killkenny1 likes this.
  2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'm still waiting for the upcoming Rage 2 patch. I'm stuck at a certain point with literally nothing else on the map to do because Kvasir won't talk to me. (Not counting the bounty boards...there's only so many times I can run those..) I've sunk 50 hours into it and loved every second of it. I think the people that are upset with it for being so short just blew through the main story without exploring all the random stuff you can do. I guess I can understand the 54% steam rating from that perspective, but I would definitely put it somewhere in the high 80's personally. Had a blast with the game play, it feels great, and I've definitely created some moments in the game where I literally audibly laughed at what happened, which is pretty rare for me.

I started a new Grim Dawn run in the meantime and was having some fun with Q2 RTX.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  3. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can you describe where in the story this happened? I'm curious if I've got past that point or not. I think I've done all of Kvasir's missions.

4. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It's the point at which you need to talk to him for the DOUBLE CROSS mission. It's the only thing I have left that I can do. Anywhere. I try to talk to him and it doesn't register. It's a line item in the channgelog that was posted for the patch coming this month.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/548570/announcements/detail/1613891161342786092

• Audio fixes, such as NPC audio dips
    • Menu optimizations (reduction in latency)
    • Several crash fixes
    • Racing bug issues, including finishing in 1st place but receiving 2nd place (how rude!)
    • Reducing the amount of Wasteland Wizard locations (from 15 to 3!)
    • A dialog prompt issue with Kvasir
    • Mouse acceleration/smoothing options
    • New AMD sharpness algorithm for all platforms (to address “blurry” complaints)
    • Nicholas Raine armor fix

5. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Strange indeed, I've done this mission recently and he spoke to me.
    Directed me to deposit Cross's head in his machine and the story continued...

I did notice that the prompt to speak with him didn't work all the time. Not sure how to explain, I've had to position myself around him a few times and once the dialog triggered. Most likely this is the bug they will fix with the patch, but in the mean time, do try what I did. Try also to move around in his lab, so he comes to you in different positions... maybe it helps.

hfm likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Me, too. Really good.
    Even the settings/options menu looks much better...
    [​IMG]
    Lighting is greatly improved over the beta RTX version I tested...
    [​IMG]
    Here is a reflection of myself in the glass...
    [​IMG]
    This area was so dark before (with the beta RTX version) that I had to shoot the laser gun to see.
    [​IMG]
    So, that's what the secret under the steps actually looks like. It's a silencer, but it was always difficult to see.
    [​IMG]
    Here's a shadow from the jet plane/space ship flying by overhead.
    [​IMG]
    Just a couple of nice random shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looking outside at the scenery that I never knew was there. Nice clouds on the horizon.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is playing on Windows 7. (Windows 10 is not required for ray tracing except for when the game dev is too busy kissing Micro$lop's butt to make their own decisions.)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    joluke and hfm like this.
  7. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That did it. hah. I had to jump up on top of the center console of his lab area and talk to him while on top of it. Seems that's the only way I can trigger it. I think perhaps it's a problem with the mutant he rides, I'm actually talking to it instead and I can't talk to him specifically unless I change angles.

joluke and cucubits like this.
  8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Reinstalled Assassin's Creed Odyssey and enjoying added The Lost Tales of Greece quest lines. Definitely better than majority of the side quests in vanilla game.
    Thought about getting a season pass, but unfortunately during sale they didn't offer a price reduction on it and it's 40 Euros. Yikes!

hfm likes this.
  9. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Been playin Overwatch lately, good game for turning my brain off from the world for a few hours.

10. electrosoft

electrosoft Perpetualist Matrixist

Reputations:
    I'm logging some serious hours on Diablo 3 Season 17 while waiting for WoW classic to drop.

I still have Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to play. I was waiting for all the bugs to be worked out. I guess they've had enough time since it was launched Aug 2016...:p:p:p