What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nothing like a good lynching to keep the juices flowing. In my case I'm not picking on gaming companies, I'm picking on all corporations, the gaming companies are just the target of interest on this forum. :) Meanwhile I've decided to revisit BL 1 after steam told me I can download the GOTY enhanced edition for free. What I'm getting out of it right now is it's pretty fun but I have to ask who thought it would be a good idea to make it so Lilith could completely heal in phasewalk and then kill one guy and phasewalk again where she's invulnerable and will again completely heal herself from whatever damage she took from her couple seconds outside of phasewalk? Wouldn't you think in testing someone mentioned that one of the characters cant be killed unless the player falls asleep during an attack by multiple assailants? I mean you might not even die then because Phoenix does so much damage that you can stop in a pack of skags and stand there and they'll kill themselves when they pounce on you. It's hard not to feel like she is maybe just a wee pit overpowered. It's like playing a hammerdin in D2. o_O

2. DavidGregory

DavidGregory Newbie

Reputations:
    I only do CS GO and DOTA 2 at the moment and sometime PUBG.

3. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    A Plague Tale: Innocence

Seriously, this game is amazing. Caught me completely by surprise. I started playing it without any expectations as I knew absolutely nothing about it. It's more like a very pretty movie/story where the player just tags along. It's not difficult but the graphics are amazing and compared to other games, I just want to keep playing it. Only a few hours in but I'm having a great time. I find myself just stopping in random places in the game just looking around amazed how nice it looks.

Oh and the rats... the rats... the devs did a great job with the swarm.

upload_2019-5-16_10-1-4.png

4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Im a racing lunatic...

Still playing real racing 3 on my galaxy s9 plus. I recently beat forza 7 took me like 80 hours....im like 120 hours into real racing 3 and like 5 percent complete..highly recommending if your a racing fan...just dont let the fact its android based throw you off.

5. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Metro 2033 redux, yea, or nay?

6. cucubits

Reputations:
    I'd say yeah. I actually installed Metro 2033 redux to get back in the 'zone' before diving in Exodus but having already played it a long time ago, I just kept getting distracted with other games...

Right now I'm having way too much fun with Rage 2. Not sure how long it'll last... progression seems a bit quick to be honest but I like it and the gunplay is satisfying. The vehicles part not so much. Driving feels clunky.

7. Zymphad

Zymphad Zymphad

Reputations:
    Can't beat Dirt 2 if you are into sim racing.

So disappointed from the reviews so far. While they vastly improved the gunplay, seems it has all the flaws from Rage. Short campaign, really short campaign. Crappy driving, at least only one mission this time requires it. Bland campaign, bland quests, characters that aren't memorable. Bummer. I was really hoping ID Software was going to redeem themselves with Rage 2. I'll still get it, but damn.

cucubits and joluke like this.
  8. cucubits

Reputations:
    Yes, this all seems to be true. I don't feel I progressed very far and I think there's not much left. They didn't do a good job balancing it. I started it on normal difficulty but very soon bumped it up to hard and it still feels quite easy most of the times.

Also, I really don't like their decision to not make sniper rifles just to artificially force the player to play only close quarters.

Still, for now the shooty shooty part is entertaining. Even exploration was fun and challenging at first but that also gets ruined once you unlock a certain vehicle which makes it trivial... I'm trying to not spoil.

9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I would say yay.
    It's rough around the edges, but definitely worth for post apocalyptic atmosphere.

10. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'm having a blast with Rage 2. Love it. Definitely do a lot of side stuff before you tackle the main story missions.

cucubits likes this.