What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    To be completely frank I think there's lots of good parts to the game, the gun play is good, the flying is fun, but those things just can't fight against the lack of vision and most of all the lack of content. The progression system feels way out of whack with the story, the story itself feels mediocre, some of the missions are so disjointed that you're introduced to a new character assuming you were introduced but in another mission you're introduced. Performance wise the game can't even hold 60fps at 1080p with med-high settings on a 1070 and while i can handle 30fps others may not and it might be a turn off.

The grind is more of a tedious grind rather than a fun grind like in division 2. The endgame is broken because there's barely anything to be called an endgame as it's just more contracts to complete just to stall you till the new content coming in april-may.

You can tell that Anthem doesn't know what it wants to be and that's a reflection on the developer's leadership not having a set vision and just doing a whole lot of wheel spinning.

I suggest just getting the origin access premier for 1 month to try it out and if you like it then keep playing, if you don't then you cancel no harm done.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game and I accept that it has faults and that those faults are unacceptable by a lot of people and I get the rage behind it. I am not trying to sugar coat this.

JRE84 likes this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah...I think I'll break down and try it...thank you so much sir....your amazing and extremely helpful

3. thegh0sts

Reputations:
    just try and if it don't float your boat then no harm done...just move to division 2 :D

when i mean the progression is out of whack is that i expect to finish the story at level 28-30 and not at level 18 and by then i had only unlocked 3 of the 4 javelins when i feel i should have unlocked all 4 before even reaching the final boss mission.

4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah....your more of a hardcore gamer compared to me.....I just wanna fly and blow stuff up

5. thegh0sts

Reputations:
    and that, i think, it delivers. I play with the storm javelin and it's quite good.

6. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Still going strong on The Division 2 here. I have exceeded 200 hours just before starting my new job.

Zymphad likes this.
  7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    A bit of Sniper Elite 4 - shooting Nazies in a dick.

joluke and hmscott like this.
  8. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Defend Your Nuts 2
    The monsters return, yet the squirrel will prevail: nuts must be protected.
    http://www.agame.com/game/defend-your-nuts-2

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    joluke likes this.
  9. thegh0sts

Reputations:
    I am still playing anthem as I am trying to milk it dry of any content left.

10. ekkolp

ekkolp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Far Cry New Dawn.