What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Lurker Below

Lurker Below Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did they ever rebalance direct magic? I recall even Destruction magic not being terribly destructive, compared to the power of enchanting and alchemy being used to craft items of brokennness combined with even more broken damage multipliers from stealth. You could use dual-casting lightning streams and with the right enchantments on items do it without spending mana, but the DPS of even Master-level spells was not amazing.

2. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No idea there last time I played Skyrim at length was to play Enderal, which is amazing.

alaskajoel and Woodking like this.
  3. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yep, it's like you've been watching over my shoulder - I'm sneaking around with a bow as my spells do so little damage at the moment!

I'm going to have a look at Enderal after Skyrim - it looks really good, thanks.

4. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not officially, no, which is why for the popularity of a large number of fan-made rebalance mods. SPERG was my preference but there are many to choose from.

5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    This information somehow missed me during my first Skyrim run. I did it with a 2h weapon with very little archery and even less sneaking, and was quite pleased with my Dovakhiin Kenny.

Woodking likes this.
  6. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The problem is you really need to stick with it and use the spells as that's how you increase the level of the various magic schools.

7. Woodking

Reputations:
    Got you, spamming the spells as I go along. Liking Whirlwind Sprint Shout at the moment, good for getting out of trouble!

8. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I mean you can also just buy training in those skills but it's only 5 per character level

9. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I can't recommend Enderal enough. I liked the gameplay and story better than Skyrim.

hfm and Woodking like this.
  10. Woodking

Reputations:
    I'm looking forwards to it. Just have to decide if my little character now is going to become a werewolf or a vampire :eek: