What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    JRE84, killkenny1 and hmscott like this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    sweet will check it out

cj_miranda23 likes this.
  3. cj_miranda23

Reputations:
    Yes please and try to encourage your friends to play it also. (Tagging @killkenny1 ,@hmscott) . Let's help the game survive this generation of casual gaming. We need skill base AFPS!

Just a warning the game have some technical issues and may frustrates you due to lack of tutorial and very high skill cap. If you're new 100% you'll get rekt. 1st step to success is learning strafe jumping.

This video from the best quake player of all time is a good start for you to learn the movement scheme of the game.

there is a lot more tutorial vid in youtube if that one is not enough for you.

Lastly watch the videos below to see what can you expect and experience playing this beautiful game!

Starlight5 and hmscott like this.
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Some other time for me, I've got distractions galore right now. You guys have fun. :)

Starlight5 and cj_miranda23 like this.
  5. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Reputations:
    Watching the gameplay videos, Overwatch looks much more fun... The whole idea that to be competitive one should must be proficient with a whole range of different in-game weapons vs getting awayt with specializing in few of them, feels outdated. \=

hmscott likes this.
  6. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Lol, I feel the exact opposite. The extremely heavyhanded way Overwatch forces teamwork by making each player/hero individually very weak/specialized and reliant on teammates in order to effectively influence the outcome is so unfun to me. Any game where your enjoyment is dependent on the other players, I run away from. Back in the day, I found far more excitement in taking over servers in Halo, arena shooters, CoD, Battlefield, etc. by myself or with a small group of friends. Because those games make the individual player a powerful entity, so there is far more emphasis on individual skill/coordination. OW isn’t even a shooter really, it’s a first-person MOBA. It reminds me of another “shooter” that isn’t really a shooter, which is Rainbow Six: Siege, as that game more emphasizes the synergy between different operators and fortifications building than actual rootie tootie.

cj_miranda23 likes this.
  7. cj_miranda23

Reputations:
    Enjoyment to a particular game can be subjective. My main purpose is to promote the game that I love that's all.

hmscott and Starlight5 like this.
  8. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Still enjoying Skyrim on the pc but boy do I die a LOT being a High Elf Mage. If its not bears ganging up on me its sabre tooth tigers or some other bugs that look mysteriously like bloodbugs from Fallout 4 lol!

hmscott likes this.
  9. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My pure mage playthrough (no bow sneaking) was the most difficult one by far. Don't worry, you'll be sneaking with a bow just like everyone else does soon enough...

Woodking likes this.
  10. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Im not playing ANYTHING right now as this Hotels WiFi BLOWS!
    DAFUQ.jpg