What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    But, you will play their games and post it here?

2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    I don't mind playing WT without paying, for now. If they act up again, then I'll consider quitting.

I used to do the same with WoWS, playing without paying anymore. But they've ticked me off enough to have me leave. Shame too, since WoWS can be a fun game and I was a pretty good player.

hmscott likes this.
  3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Did the sound work? Sounds weirdly like a refresh rate issue.

4. Scanner

Scanner Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It probably is, when system resolution is 3840x2160, refresh rate @60 or @30 instant black screen no sound. When turned down to 1920x1080 black screen but game sounds can be heard. We tried for over 2hrs (EVERYTHING) and no joy. I simply can’t home for a long day at work, try to get something to work. Maybe if they patch it or whatever I’ll try again during a summer sale. All previous Wolfenstein games played great no problems.

5. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm wrapping up Middle-earth: Shadow of War, having finished most everything besides the near-endless grind to get the "bonus" ending. As a hardcore Tolkien fan, I found many of the game's absurd story elements hard to stomach. The gameplay itself though is a blast--a definite improvement over its predecessor, Shadow of Mordor, which was already great. Those stupid microtransactions thankfully didn't ruin it either, although the post-main-game grind for the bonus ending cinematic gets old quick and may tempt people into opening up their wallets (although you can alternatively just watch the cinematic on YouTube for free, obviously). Overall, l'd recommend this game.

Up next, I'm going on an Odyssey,

6. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Started playing Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus after getting back from PAX AUS 2017 :p

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    But not a deal-breaker? This is my biggest worry.

8. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you're a hardcore Tolkien fan like me, I would not recommend this game. I did enjoy the gameplay a lot, which is why I'd generally recommend it to gamers. But the game takes a dump on everything Tolkien wrote. It goes much further than turning Shelob into a sexy woman. The devs made zero effort to conform the game's story to the books' story. The timeline is wrong, many things contradict what Tolkien wrote, and several characters from the books are basterdized. The devs clearly have no respect for the beauty of Tolkien's works, nor do they seem to understand what his works are even about.

9. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Wait what? Where would her not being a spider even be alluded to? Ungoliant was only ever a spider in form and her other parent was certainly a spider. Did they try and pass it off as taking a human appearance to trick the MC?

10. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Personally I thought the ending to shadow of mordor was stupid. The whole point of the game is to finally die and join your family in death and then right at the end he's like, screw that, there's power to be had!

Prototime likes this.
  11. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Because, sequels, dummy :D:p