What game are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 28, 2016.

1. tinytop69

tinytop69 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Destiny 2 beta runs extremely well for me. the PC version is gorgeous! Its a shame I'll probably play PS4 mostly haha.

2. deadsmiley

deadsmiley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am playing Counter Strike:Source (yeah I know, I know...) WoW, and recently, Fallout 4.

I am pretty much hooked on FO4. I like the whole post apoplectic theme and the puzzles are kinda cool too.

3. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    picked up absolver and the single player aspect was friggen awesome unfortunately for Aussies the lag was unplayable in pvp, but today they released Australian servers and the game is fantastic, im really enjoying it, the pvp is intense and fun, im kinda thinking of it as a dark souls/for honour/tekken hybrid focused heavily on pvp.....if your looking for a fun pvp focused fighting game this might just be for you, at $30 its great value.....

4. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yakuza: Kiwami.

5. ShotOfB12

ShotOfB12 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This EMP wave **** head monster in Soma is annoying as ****.

6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    Battlestar Galactica Deadlock... just bought it. Going to play for a bit. Looks fun.

7. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My EVOC, seems GPU died, was running at stock clocks so I have to RMA that back to HIDevolution. Got the ole screechy+garbled sound suddently then lockup. Never recovered. Has happened once or twice before in my long computing life, was a failed component both times.

So then I'm like, ok.. time to resurrect the 2014 Blade I haven't used in like 5 months.. Battery expanded actually damaging the chassis. Wow. Lucky it didn't catch fire. Had to literally pry the back off with a claw hammer since I couldn't get a few of the T5 screws out due to pressure on the back panel. Removed my HD and took the battery to a recycling center. Guess I'll sell the rest for working junk.

So.... installed Hand of Fate on my 2013 rMBP. Actually plays well and is SO FUN. Wow. Love this game!

hmscott likes this.
  8. aaronne

aaronne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Really sorry, how long it run? I mean, how many daily gaming hours it last and what about gpu's temp?
    Bios 150W or 200W one?
    Overclocked gpu? Overvolt, undervolt? Really stock?
    Sorry to ask but I'm gaming 2/3hrs per day and I wold to know what expect about F5 life (3 years warranty here)

9. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I bought it back in April, it was running at stock clocks. No Prema BIOS, whatever BIOS they were shipping with back in April (this was before they had Prema available). Not many gaming hours yet as it's only been close to 5 months since I've had it. They were pretty good about support when I opened a ticket so I am guessing they will fix it correctly and reapply the proper TIM setup. Well when I say not many gaming hours, I do play a bit. The temps were always in acceptable ranges AFAIK. I monitored them a few times when I bought it but stopped worrying about it after that.

I'm not knocking them or the laptop, stuff happens. I really liked the unit, and would still not hesitate to recommend it or HiDevolution (@Donald@HIDevolution and everyone else has been super). I'll be shipping it back to them sometime this week and I expect it will be dealt with expertly as everyone has nothing but high praise for those guys. Again I have to state I really like the laptop. It's only 6.5lb, nice 4K panel (or others if 120Hz is your thing), gsync, great components. Things fail, that's life. Happens. Nothing is ever perfect. Just hopefully it doesn't happen again or it might start calling it a trend. :)

I really just don't want to hear any more squawking about how Razer laptops die after 6 months and custom DTRs are bulletproof. The Razer Blade I had for 3 years with 1000s of hours of gaming with no issues, so it's a pale comparison to how long the Blade stood up.:) My experience says otherwise. Regardless of the battery in the blade going south, i've seen quite a number of batteries in my day expand, or even catch fire (not my own.. but others people's). I should have known it was going to happen to the Blade and removed it sooner. It was dying at about 30% charge when I stopped using it, my own fault for not removing it at that point, it was only a matter of time.

Huniken, hmscott and ShotOfB12 like this.
  10. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Destiny 2 on PS4 while I wait for the PC release.