What do you pay for Auto insurance?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by KPot2004, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KPot2004

KPot2004 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I have to renew my auto insurance before March 11th, I was paying about $580 for 6 months for my 2011 Civic. During the last 6 months I made ONE claim, my windshield was hit with a rock and had to be replaced. Now I get the renewal documents in the mail and they want $663. So I'm now looking for other options. What do you guys pay for 6 months of coverage?

I just did a quote on the Allstate and they want $1,100 for their "economy policy" :eek:

2. SemiExpert

SemiExpert Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It all depends on the specifics of your situation - namely your personal driving record, your age, place of residence, model of car, annual mileage, even whether or not you have a garage or park your car on the street.

3. redrazor11

redrazor11 Formerly waterwizard11

Reputations:
    I pay about 75-80 a month with Geico. Early 20's, male student, clean driving record, normal 2003 Nissan. Bare minimum coverage.

4. SemiExpert

Reputations:
    But it still makes a great deal of difference where you live, the specific model of car, and as a student, even your GPA. Loved those good student discounts.

5. KPot2004

KPot2004 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was paying for full coverage $96 a month, I always prepaid for 6 months. No reason it should be that much different between Progressive and Allstate, double the price is pretty crazy. I was ready to switch over them increasing it from $580 to $663 but I guess that's still cheaper then the competition.

Also I'm 26, never even been pulled over by the police. No points.

6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
  7. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    I pay 93 a month for liability only on my 1995 Nissan 240SX SE. I'm 22 with 1 point on my license. I have 2nd highest insurance you can get (like 500k combined), I've been with my insurance company for more than 6 years, State Farm.

8. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    I DO NOT advocate this, but I have not paid in Pennsylvania anything for the last 15 years since I found out you can self insure. I used to have Erie.

9. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    A lot because I live in Miami.

10. SemiExpert

Reputations:
    In know that in some states you can post a bond instead of buying auto insurance. It's actually a pretty neat idea. The insurance companies collect premiums from a bunch of people and put aside funds into a reserve to pay claims, so when an individual puts up a bond, it's pretty much the same idea, only on an individual basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.