What car do you drive? V2

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Vedya, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millermagic

millermagic Rockin the pinktop

Reputations:
    The J8 is available (if you have the wallet)?

If one is good at fabrication they could probably make something similar to J8.

Start out with a 4 door, add a Dana 44 to the front and Dana 60 to the rear, weld the rear doors, make a cab ending and then tailgate.

There's a guy that did something similar out of a TJL and a CJ7 (not scrambler)

2. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    I believe the J8 is available but only a limited amount are being sold to private collectors. Since the 2.8CRD is offered in so many Jeeps around the world (minus the US) you could in essence installa a CRD engine in a Jeep JK wrangler and have close to the same thing, but the cost of a diesel and the lack of emissions for it that would make it up to US standards are not available here. You could use the liberty crd emission MAYBE but still the over all cost to make your own J8 would warrant just buying one and saving yourself the time and money. They used a dana 60 with leafs in the rear to increas the payload to 2500LBS! Right now my liberty is at 1200-1500LBS payload which isnt bad but still makes me dream of the J8.:)

I am hoping that fiat brings the clean diesel Jeeps that the rest of the world are enjoying and loving to the US. It is truely sad that the big three US automakers sell some of their best cars abroad rather then here in the US due to how we percieve cars. Im so sick of hybrids....

3. Phillip

Phillip Phillip J. Fry

Reputations:
    A borrowed 2001 Honda Odyssey LX

4. millermagic

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Been driving this 2-3 days a week, especially cold days (since my car has no heat). Fun to drive! Could use a brake job though.

Doesn't matter how light or heavy my right foot is, it's going to get 12mpg.

5. Levenly

Levenly Grappling Deity

Reputations:
    @millermagic

i hear ford is bringing back the F-100, maybe you could get one of those!

6. millermagic

Reputations:
    It's a borrowed ride for the time being. I am considering replacing my Taurus with a Ranger. Just a base 4 cyl 5 speed manual type of deal.

7. War-Crimes

War-Crimes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    edit: nevermind

8. Levenly

Levenly Grappling Deity

Reputations:
    have you seen the new taurus SHO? they seem pretty nice.

i want a small truck, but i'm going to wait since i heard Ford is bringing back the bronco and F-100.

i might replace my 6 banger mustang with a 2011 model, though i really want something that will perform well in all terrain types and gets decent fuel rating.

9. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    I cant wait to see what the bronco will look like that or the f100. I have always loved the bronco. ::drool::

10. millermagic

Reputations:
    The new Taurus and SHO are nice cars! The twin turbo 3.5 is pretty cool, wouldn't mind test driving one but I think any dealer knows what would happen.

I'd love to get one. With college debts and all, a simple vehicle (such a a Ranger with 20 year old design) is more practical for my needs. I wouldn't do too much trucking - as I can borrow the f350 for it - but just a "fun" daily driver with 5 speed manual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.