What are you drinking now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by key001, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'd guess advertising, or it falls between whiskey and schnapps or whatever so they have to call it something. Just relax and enjoy whatever you want, and call it by whatever you want. I drink a bunch of flavored whiskeys, I don't care what someone else calls it I just call it whatever it says on the bottle.

JRE84 likes this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah I know but me and custom have been butting heads over this for a while now....I just can't believe they would advertise it as whiskey and google would rate it as the number two whiskey in the world and its not even a whiskey......custom was right and im kinda shocked its very esoteric knowledge but I commend him for his stance as even google called it a whiskey it wasn't until I did a bing search that I realised I was wrong

3. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just don't worry about it man. I'm drinking Elijah Craig whiskey right now, I don't give two craps weather it qualifies or not, I like it, tastes good, and says whiskey on the bottle so that's what I call it!

Fishon likes this.
  4. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Lol I already told him not to worry about it. We weren't butting heads, it was simply a poke in the ribs so to speak. Also I do drink Elijah Craig small batch whiskEy as well, not bad for the $$$...

And the E is for @kojack for the traditional Irish/American spelling, not to be confused for our friends to the north who spell it Whisky like in Scotland...

JRE84 likes this.
  5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah I guess lol...kinda funny discussion....in the end I guess it's semantics and doesn't matter....but he was right in the end it has to be over 40 percent alc/vol
    fireball is 33/vol so yeah I ate my foot

Fishon likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Professor Carnista

Reputations:
    Beer. Hoegaarden, naturdays, and ice.

7. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    However I'm sure it's above 40% before they add the sugar and cinnamon flavorings. So when you mix 80 proof Jim Beam with coke it doesn't magically become not whiskey just because the drink is now below 80 proof! Think about that a bit...

Oh, and now I'm drinking some 99 proof shooters my fiancé got me for my bday.