What are you drinking now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by key001, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
  2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Besides it price, why not? Does the thought get to you? While I'm not into something just for the weirdness, but if I've heard it tastes good I'll give it a try. I've had birds nets soup which is the solidified saliva from a bird- nothing special. Ant eggs were sour. The eyeball of a cow tastes good as well as Rocky Mountain oysters (cow balls). Although some food can be textually challenging. Urchin gonads (Uni) was tough the first time, but when it's fresh it tastes like ocean butter. Never let your mind get in the way of eating something that tastes good.

3. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    Mostly price. I'm not above tasting weird things, though mine are mild by comparison to yours. Various bugs (incl. ants, grasshoppers and some kind of beetle) prepared various ways, deep fried earthworm and lutefisk are about as adventurous as I've been.

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Lutefish: One flavor I strongly dislike in food is an ammoniated one. Earthworms? Serious? How can those things possibly taste good- they eat dirt?

5. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    Lutefisk is a very acquired taste, but my family eats a lot of that sort of thing. With earthworms, the secret is how you make them. (Note, this is me relaying how the ones I tasted were made, I did not try to actually make any myself) You de-vein them like you would a shrimp (the vein being the digestive tract) and then boil them to remove the stuff they secrete on their skin. When you deep fry and salt them they end up reminding one of slightly chewy french fries.

6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    An acquired taste is one thing, but earthworms fall into a whole other category of culinary abyss.

[​IMG]

7. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    I don't know what that dude is eating, but it's not nearly that gross.