What (and when) to expect from the xps 15 kaby lake?

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by jojo94, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jojo94

jojo94 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there! I recently bought the dell xps 15 4k 512gb ssd 16gb RAM model. I decided to return it because it is too buggy and there's somekind of a performance issue where it just runs slow, and the mouse on the desktop lags enormously. Those issues just shouldn't be there when you make a 2000 euros investment. I really hope the next model will be bug free with better hardware. Should be the 1050ti if i'm right. I also wasn't happy with the battery life. On the positive side, the screen is/was absolutely amazing! So, for when to expect it, is mid/late december an option or do we have more of chance at ces 2017?

2. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That is confidential m8!

You can do a search here; some expect Q1 or Q2 2017 based on Intel's expected laptop chip releases.

The XPS 13 Kaby Lake recently released looked a lot like the Skylake model. And performed about the same. And there is not much space for thermals in the 9550's chassis so I would not expect a significant bump in performance...

3. TekkyAsh

TekkyAsh Newbie

Reputations:
    I was recently in contact with a DELL representative who said the new laptop will have the 7th Gen Intel processor and will be available to buy withing week 2 or 3 of January. She was unwilling to reveal the GPU being used

4. Pow3r

Pow3r Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As i'm also interested, what they're telling you is picked from thin air.

Few weeks back I contacted them and they said it's in testing (which I assume it is, as Intel would give Dell early access for test builds) and was told last week of December/first week of January. Yesterday I was told it would not be until March/April. And from reddit/here the sales reps are just telling you whatever they hear from other reps

5. Mighty Benihana

Mighty Benihana Newbie

Reputations:
    @pressing I agree with you on the processor change front not offering much in terms of extra performance but the kicker will be if they change the 960m to a 1050ti. Same Thermal envelop but about 10% faster than a 970m apparently. (oh please go with the Ti version dell)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.