What a dissappointment

Discussion in 'Dell' started by ChrisBr, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ

Reputations:
    increase power limit so we can advertise having actual TDPs but forgetting that the cooling solution is garbage from the start

Papusan and don_svetlio like this.
  2. don_svetlio

don_svetlio In the Pipe, Five by Five.

Reputations:
    Do the Alienwares have increased TDP limits? huh, that's news to me.

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ

Reputations:
    On new kbl units they managed to update the vbios for marketing purposes. Dunno about skl.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    At least you can use the dell, the asus peice of crap will always be broken.

5. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had a $700 Asus X550LNV it came with a bulge in the keyboard and a few keys were sticky, after complaining to Asus they pretended nothing was wrong and ignored my concerns. My review is still on Newegg. Dell on the other hand, I got a refurbished 7567 (i7, 1TB HDD, 1050Ti, 8GB RAM, IPS 1080P for $700 after taxes, I sent it in twice for uneven core temps and I asked for a 7577 if possible and within 2 days they sent me a 7577 with 4K IPS, i7, GTX1060, 512GB nVME, 1 TB HDD and 16GB of RAM. I'm sure like every company they may have occasional issues but I doubt Asus would ever give this kind of compensation with a twice as expensive unit as a replacement. 2 years later my Asus X550 can't even run on battery (even after battery replacement). Of all the Dell ones I have used, mostly Latitudes and Precisions this Inspiron was the only time I had an issue and they took care of me. Also unlike Asus, Dell does not void warranty for self upgrades like RAM/HDD/WiFi card.

Even my father's corporation which has been using Dell tried HP because they offered lower prices but ended up back to Dell within a year because HP support and quality control was so bad. HP/Acer are probably the worst build quality and support wise, in more than 10 years helping people buy laptops I have not seen one person with either of these go more than a year without issues. Acer you even have to pay to send the laptop back to them in case of repair. As for Asus, they make some good models too unlike my X550LNV but support is almost non existent if anything goes wrong. One more thing, on the Asus I had to mod the vbios via bios edit because the GeForce 840m would throttle due to a GPU boost issue and ASUS could have updated the bios with a similar fix to help other customers but didn't.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Vasudev and kojack like this.