Webcam driver fail. Please restart camera or computer!!!

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by c_chevasutho, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c_chevasutho

c_chevasutho Newbie

Reputations:
    I just bought Toshiba Satellite m200, then I got to familiarize with program, then when I click Webcam program, this came up "Webcam driver open fail. Please restart camera or computer." What should I do, if I can't get new software then what else can i do? and where can I download webcam software for Toshiba Satellite m200.

2. Padmé

Padmé NBR Super Pink Princess

Reputations:
    Have you tried to restart the computer yet? If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the webcam driver then reinstall it.

3. c_chevasutho

c_chevasutho Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for your respond.
    What if I don't have software for webcam, where can I get webcam software for Toshiba Satellite M200. Any suggestion to where I can get webcam software?

4. dwtk

dwtk Newbie

Reputations:
    I found that by turning the User Account Control off, then going into the device manager, locating Imaging devices>USB imaging device>Updating driver . . (It will give you something like it couldn't install driver) i just click close at that point then restarted the notebook. It worked after that. Oh if it does, be sure to turn the User Account Control back on. Worked for me ! Good Luck ! D

5. allan_huang

allan_huang Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Go to the Toshiba website, goto drivers and downlaods or something and lookup your lappy, should give you all the software and drivers.

6. msac

msac Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I'm facing exactly same problem. I bought the M200 and everything was working fine. Then I upgrade the Vista from Home to ultimate and the webcam is not working. Its giving the same message "Webcam driver open fail. Please restart camera or computer".
    I have tried disabling the User Access Control and reinstalling but still nothing happens. Tried searching for the solution and found none.

Any Idea how i can get this done!!

7. frenchy94

frenchy94 Newbie

Reputations:
    hello , exactly same message of error with toshiba satellite t200 ,i reformated with xp pro and i installed driver on the homepage toshiba ,always this problem ..
    if anybody got an idea ..

thx

8. randalle

randalle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Issue: When Vista os loads for the first time the integrated camera is not operational?

Solution: Camera is operational only when you start ‘Camera Assistant Software. If you can not find this software check small ‘Camera Assistant Software icon’ in task bar - right mouse click - Show toolbar. There you can find option ‘Start webcam’. When you do this the blue led will be ON.

Issue: Other programs already using the device?

Solution: There might be some programs that is already attached with the device. To deactivate them, run msconfig by going to accessories and then run. Then under the tab labeled "Services" check the box that says "Hide all Microsoft services" and then click on disable all. Next, under the tab that says "Systems" click on disable all and press ok. You should then be asked to restart so press ok and once the computer is back up try with your messenger software and it should work.

Check the Blue Led if its 'ON' , this indicates that the camera is working

Uninstall/Reinstall Instructions;
    -double-click on the camera/imaging device which has a flag under "Other Devices" in device manager
    -go to the "Driver" tab
    -click on the "Update Driver" button
    -click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
    -click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    -choose "Imaging Devices"
    -select "USB Video Device" instead of the "Chicony Imaging Device"
    -complete the wizard
    -restart the system

http://209.167.114.38/support/TechSupport/TSBs/ALL/-TSB001405.htm

9. OV10stang

OV10stang Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Got the same problem with an X205. I've done that.... But only works for a little while, then same thing again... The Vista driver flat out sucks, and they need to fix it.

10. randalle

randalle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Actually its not with the drivers and applications that is having problem. Its actually because of the updates that Microsoft that is giving bugs and problems on the laptop. My suggestion, if you think that your computer is working fine, don't update. Thats it.