Warning: Some i7-6820HKs and i7-6700HQ have Uneven Core Temps due to Uneven Heatsink

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by iunlock, Oct 25, 2016.

?

Does your 6820HK have cores that are 5c or higher than the others?

1. Yes, I have a 6820HK that has 1 or more cores with a high temperature differential, greater than 5c.

18 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Yes, I have a 6820HK that has 1 or more cores with a high temperature differential, greater than 10c

25 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Yes, I have a 6820HK that has 1 or more cores with a high temperature differential, greater than 15c

10 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Yes, I have a 6820HK that has 1 or more cores with a high temperature differential, greater than 20c

24 vote(s)
    14.2%
  5. My 6820HK core temperatures are all tracking the same, with less than 5c difference.

20 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Yes, I have a 6820HK where Core #3 (4th Core) is 10C cooler than the rest.

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  7. Yes, I have a 6700HQ that has 1 or more cores with a high temp differential, greater than 5c.

17 vote(s)
    10.1%
  8. Yes, I have a 6700HQ that has 1 or more cores with a high temp differential, greater than 10c.

16 vote(s)
    9.5%
  9. Yes, I have a 6700HQ that has 1 or more cores with a high temp differential, greater than 15c.

10 vote(s)
    5.9%
  10. Yes, I have a 6700HQ that has 1 or more cores with a high temp differential, greater than 20c.

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  11. My 6700HQ core temperatures are all tracking the same, with less than 5c difference.

15 vote(s)
    8.9%
  12. Yes, I have a 6700HQ where Core #3 (4th Core) is 10C cooler than the rest.

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. selvedge

selvedge Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The AW 13r3 seemed like a great size for me, not too bulky and sleek looking (to me). Preferably somethingv <=14". Budget would be at most 2k. Looking for something relatively thinner without being too thin like the Razer Blade or the GS63VR Stealth Pro.

Will take a look at this, thanks!!

Papusan likes this.
  2. tgipier

tgipier Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The clevos are prob too big for you.

hmscott and selvedge like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    hmscott likes this.
  4. tgipier

tgipier Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  5. Papusan

Reputations:
    I know that. You could purchase a cheap Cromebook or you can get a machine for under $900 usd if you don't need the power. Why pay a higher price than unnecessary for SOLDERED hardware? I think @Mr. Fox Would say the same.

Mr. Fox and FredSRichardson like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    A little leaven leavens the whole lump. Would you eat a delicious looking piece of chocolate cake knowing it had a small amount of feces as one of the ingredients? There can be a zero tolerance policy for this sinful abortion. It has NO PLACE WHATSOEVER in a so-called high performance notebook. I would prefer nothing over BGA... unacceptable garbage. I will not become one of the bottom-feeders that embrace it.

Papusan likes this.
  7. encheels

encheels Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Papusan is epic BGA fighter and i only agree with him.
    Btw guys like @iunlock @Talon @Diversion @hmscott @Papusan and other MVPs, why you, we as community, just don't start the new brand with all the skills, know how and perfect machine requirements that you collected over those years?.!i know it's not simple ... But this is what is success about, A VISION and will to be better than others.the traditional producers are not interested to give top notch products anymore.they are blinded by super profit and too wide portfolio.
    Quality management, poor service quality and TAT- it seems that all well known producers are ignoring the same customer demands and wishes.
    The time has come...
    If our effort is only about the fails seeking, then we should stop to use the laptops, NONE is perfect.None.in opposite case you are still fine to consume that nicely packed chocolates with small pieces of crap inside, you only will be selecting those which contain 5% and not 20% 30% like others.in the end - you are still eating them...

Sent from mTalk

Aman Krishna, Papusan and Djangi like this.
  8. RQ1

RQ1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if this issue is limited to Razer Stealth+AW laptops?

9. BeastOG

BeastOG Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Quick question. I ordered an alienware 15 with a 6700hq and 1070 from the black Friday sales. What would be acceptable temps for it so I can make sure I (hopefully) don't have an issue. I know there's about a 10 degree differential on some, I'm just wondering what normal temps for the system should be in general.

selvedge likes this.
  10. Papusan

Reputations:
    Do not forget to give huge honor to bro @Mr. Fox as well. Everyone should learn / listen what he says about unwanted hardware. His slogan... Vote with your wallets. Do not buy BGA filth!!
    [​IMG]

There are not enough machines with normal Cpu temperature, which can provide a pointing stick on what is ok temp for these BGA machines. If Dellienware had used desktop processors... Would not a tripod Cpu heatsink seen the light.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    smoking2k and Mr. Fox like this.