[WARNING] Intel Skylake/Kaby Lake processors: Broken HT on Laptops & PC [Fix is here]

Discussion in 'Notebook Dummy Guide Articles' started by THEBOSS619, Jun 29, 2017.

1. THEBOSS619

THEBOSS619 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I will do it ;) , but need more evidence for that... sorry if I was little late to answer :)

about the BIOS... I think you are entering the BIOS as a user .. not as a administrator

Do you see when entering the BIOS on the first page at Acess level : administrator ? or user? what does it says exactly? :)

for example this....

[​IMG]

If you are administrator you should be able to take a dump BIOS ;) other than that... I can't help , sorry :)

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Sorry, I didn't update it. I was able to extract the rom and hdr file using command line switches from Dell EXE.
    I edited the BIOS entries from default to USER.
    MSI uses a different page for displaying info as per your screenie. Whereas Dell uses modified setup screen and menus as per AMIBCP. I enabled HWP and lot of things and I'm afraid of bricking it. Luckily, Dell issued a BIOS update to fix uCode issue and as an enhancement they updated GOP and IRST ROM. The performance is similar to VMWARE ucode patch, no difference at all.

hmscott and THEBOSS619 like this.
  3. THEBOSS619

THEBOSS619 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No problem at all ;) , Happy to know that thing got sorted out ! I guess Dell is showing some care to its consumer on major problems but not on minors things :) and I'm sure other like ASUS, MSI,etc... will follow the same thing :)

Vasudev and hmscott like this.