Warning: High CPU Usage with the latest Logitech Gaming Software

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Jun 17, 2017.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, I had that problem, but that was fixed a long time ago. I've found Synapse to be a nice middle ground between Logitech's user friendly but still somewhat limited driver and the highly customizable but very unintuitive software from Corsair.

Phoenix likes this.
  2. Midas Touch

Midas Touch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The colorshift is kind of buggy sometimes though.

Phoenix likes this.
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Logitech was good until they started including bloatware.

Take for example, you have a mouse.........you install the Logitech Gaming Software BUT, look at your startup entries, it installs and loads drivers for Logitech Gaming Surround, Joysticks, etc. and now those darn applets....... Because of this I am not gonna buy the G902 and will keep hunting for different mice.

My SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Mouse has been serving me for 2 years now and it's rock solid and comfy. I hope they release a new Sensei Wireless Mouse

Midas Touch likes this.
  4. Midas Touch

Midas Touch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just recently gave away a brand new G403 Wireless and G433 Wireless headset, both have noticeable input lag...yet they claim it doesn't have input lag, as for the G433 ear pad cushion feels terrible in my ear, it feels like sand paper...that being said it's my last purchase of Logitech garbage...I probably given them enough chance cos I have a total of eight gaming accessories from them all failed to live up to my expectation.

Phoenix likes this.
  5. Carrot Top

Carrot Top Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The G403 and G900 have been measured to have only 1ms of additional click latency in wireless vs. wired mode which is negligible, and in wireless is still much lower than popular wired mice like Deathadders and Zowies, so I'm surprised to hear that. Personally could perceive no lag difference whatsoever on the G900/G403 in wireless, if anything wired felt less responsive due to the cable drag. G602 is a different story though, feels way laggier than G502 no question.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how an audio output device like a headphone can have "input" lag LOL. But I agree about Logitech gaming headsets, they're not great just like majority of gaming headsets in general. Their keyboards and mice are much more solid IMO.

6. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Yeah, Bloatware is unwanted:hi:

7. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I can see where that software would be useful if you're using the built-in keyboard, though. Since I don't, I used MSI Dragon Center to turn off the backlighting, then uninstalled it in favor of MSI's beta "Silent Mode" utility to control the fan curves of the CPU and GPU.

Phoenix likes this.
  8. William Willis

William Willis Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Thank you very much for this!

Papusan and Phoenix like this.
  9. TheReciever

TheReciever Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    closed mine as well, but it wasnt using up much cpu to begin with.

I'd know, my potato cant handle it lol