[warning]counterfeit goods on eBay from newmp3technology.com

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by HPpavilion, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajreynol

ajreynol Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    don't always trust the "trusted seller" labels.

go back a few months (or several) and contact some of the people that bought from those sellers. often times, people leave good feedback for prompt shipping or service, only to find out the product they bought was a knockoff after it's too late to get their money back. and with feedback already left, they have no recourse of any kind other than to send the seller nasty messages.

contact people who bought from them some months ago (you can do that) and ask them about their experience. more specifically, contact people that bought items similar to what you're interested in buying.

2. garetjax

garetjax NBR Freelance Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    This is not neccessarily true. You can contact eBay to reverse the positive feedback left and/or lodge a complaint against the seller.

3. HPpavilion

HPpavilion Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    eBay rules are constantly changing, but 90 days is the longest time frame allowed for any action. You can't undo feedbacks whenever you feel like it and you have only a limited time frame to complain.

4. f4ding

f4ding Laptop Owner

Reputations:
    I think there's a way to 'reply' to your old feedback. But I think it's fairly new (a couple of years maybe).

5. niffcreature

niffcreature ex computer dyke

Reputations:
    What kind of fault exactly would cause such a problem? that and or serious damage to a laptop?
    Or more practically, what non OEM brands are at a reasonable height of quality?
    I recently bought a universal (12-24v) 120w power supply. Actually took it apart. the soldering looks better than that.
    i have a dell 130w slim psu that i got from with an m4400, it is definitely genuine. the wire casing around the LED plug is coming separated from the cable, and it just started making strange noises.
    what can really be said for OEM vs non OEM quality?

not that i dont find the rest of your post interesting...
    having received a laptop with an incredibly scratched heatsink and the seller responding "Good morning, I looked at the pictures, and I didn't think that should be a problem", I haven't been worried about people actually *scamming* on ebay so much as I've realized that a lot of people, while making a profit as a reseller, are already thinking about it as stealing.
    I mean, one must come to the realization that all they are doing is making a purchase more readily available and convenient.

Like its already as dirty as it can be so why waste time trying to actually have quality service or something? everyone else has side account selling 1000+ fake 16gb flash drives

I actually prefer sellers with less feedback, I love it when someones willing to have at least a little conversation, not to mention knows more than the model number of the thing theyre selling.

6. beige

beige Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i think the problem is with hp , wonder why?? , because i got a power brick a few month ago , when new i felt its too hot when charging, and smelt weird , so i decided to contact HP to check if the brick is authentic , after contacting them they told me they don't have product information about HP products imported from other countries , in other words , they only have US serial numbers to check for authentic HP stuff .

HP is an international company , is it to hard for them to gather their data in one database ??

7. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    Well it looks like I just got scammed on eBay but not for counterfeit goods LOL. I bought NCAA Football 11 from a seller with zero feedback. I paid via PayPal and for some reason I went back to the listing. When I did he now had a -1 feedback. The only comment was "SCAM...I want my money back".

I immediately contacted eBay for fraud as well as PayPal to see if they can void out the transaction. I'll see how that goes. eBay says it'll begin investigation which takes 72 hours and PayPal, I don't know how they work.

What drew me to the transaction was the eBay Buyer Protection Logo

Oh well live and learn. :eek:

8. beige

beige Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    any one got any refunds from buyers protection program ?? , is it easy , or it takes alot of time to get ur money back??

9. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    I will find out in about 7 days. Fortunately I opened a case 5 minutes after I paid. I received an email from eBay stating the removed the sellers listing and encouraged me to open a case of fraud which I did.

They told me by 7-21 I should find out the resolution as they are in the process of contacting the seller. According to eBay the chances are good if you inform them ASAP and let them handle it but we'll see. If I get burned and don't get a refund I will never buy on eBay again.

10. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    Just an update for the person who asked if ebay refunds your money. I'm happy to say ebay does and I got my refund back in 7 days. It was posted to my PayPal account.

Now I'm in the process of contacting another seller who sold me a PC game that requires internet activation. It was sold as brand new/factory sealed/unopened. Well I went to check the serial number on Star-Force website and it shows it was already activated on 4/29/10 and I received the game on 7/22/10. You think there could be a problem? Me says it's not brand new, factory sealed. :rolleyes:

So if this seller decides to do nothing then i'll request a refund from ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.