Want to buy porsche for parents... where to start?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by AmazingGracePlayer, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I want to get a new Porsche Cayenne for my parents, but I don't know where to start. I have been to a few dealers in NJ, NY, and Michigan, and none of them will knock a cent off of the price. They all claim that Porsche Cayennes sell out before they get to the show room floor. Truth or lie, doesn't matter. I don't know anyone who works for VW or its subsidiary to get a discount code, so that route won't work. Does anyone know what is my best approach to get a good price on a new Cayenne? Truecar.com seems to have some "certified dealers" listed, but I don't know if that's the best price either. Any input is much appreciated.

2. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If you've been to dealers in three different states and they all won't budge, chances are you're out of luck. If you can use true car to get a better price, go that route. True car shows what other people report as having paid for the Cayenne, and in my area the average price is a whopping $600 off msrp. It's a pricey car to begin with, good luck!

3. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Cayennes fly off the shelf...well cause it's the cheapest Porsche. I doubt you are going to get one that is that discounted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.