Waking computer from sleep

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by InOrderToSignIn, Sep 28, 2018.

1. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    So far the reboot with working image and updates have not left the computer in a comma state so far.

Well a few days ago my computer did a sudden reboot and now if I let it go to Auto sleep I had to today force restart so looks like I will have to reimage and update to get rid of that Auto Coma problem. Looks like if Windows Updates and reboots unannounced that will cause your system Auto Sleep problem. I'll redo my Restore to fix that problem again.

Now with the latest Tuesday Oct update my computer goes to sleep and then make a hard right to Comatose Hibernate and I can't wake it up now. I know with the previous Windows update it was working just fine and now it goes into comatose status when it goes to sleep while idling.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  2. StormJumper

Reputations:
    Now with the latest Tuesday Oct update my computer goes to sleep and then make a hard right to Comatose Hibernate and I can't wake it up now. I know with the previous Windows update it was working just fine and now it goes into comatose status when it goes to sleep while idling.

3. StormJumper

Reputations:
    Well I redid the image again and reinstalled one piece of software I had some issue with and so far leaving it idle to hibernate/sleep over night it seems to come back when waking it back up without problem so far.

4. StormJumper

Reputations:
    Ok here's something I finally had to resort to so that I could stop my computer from going into coma everytime it hits hibernation mode. Took a screen shot of what I did and I test this out to see if that has any better results.

I changed the power advance options to where the "Hybrid Sleep" was to disable to see why it was going into comatose state.

https://www.4shared.com/photo/4fhEIa6Vda/power_options.html
    [​IMG]