w550s/t550 LCD screen replacement - brightness set at max.

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by giggidy, Apr 5, 2015.

1. adrian_sa

adrian_sa Newbie

Reputations:
    So I found a guy with a X250 and Ubuntu, he only needs to dump his EDID with edid-rw? How to later edit the file if he is using a HD panel and I want to install a FHD one?

2. miomi

miomi Newbie

Reputations:
    It's better if you can find EDID dump from X250 FHD. You might still get away by overwriting the FHD panel's EDID with whitelist HD panel EDID dump, but I am not sure if there will be a negative impact with this.

Btw, can you confirm X250 really has panel whitelist ? Because currently we only know models like T450, T450s, T550, and W550s that has panel whitelist.

3. adrian_sa

adrian_sa Newbie

Reputations:
    The X250 does have a whitelist, I installed a 15.6" 1080p TN panel and brightness control didn't work. Bought mine X250 bare, just the case keyboard and motherboard.

4. miomi

miomi Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for confirming. Shouldn't the X250 use 12.5" panel?

So it seems almost all thinkpad models with intel core 5th gen (broadwell) has panel whitelist issue. The only broadwell models that needs to be confirmed are:
    X1 Carbon 3rd gen
    E450
    E550

There are also amd variants of the E series: E455 and E555. But since they use amd chip, I think there is no whitelist on them.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017