1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

W520 internal microphone not working

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by cbandito, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbandito

cbandito Newbie

2. thinkstone

thinkstone Notebook Enthusiast

When trying Skype I noticed that the mic almost didn't work in default setting = set to: Optimize my microphone for only my voice in the Communications Utility (Device Control > Lenovo Web Conferencing).
    After I changed the setting to "Multiple Voices" it seemed to pick up sound ok.

3. pkincy

pkincy Notebook Evangelist

if you can find the thread I started to ask the exact same question 8-9 days ago (it actually may have been on the Lenovo forum) you will find a link to the answer. Both Skype and the microphone require new drivers that are so new that Lenovo Update doesn't pick them up. But they are on the Lenovo website.

Perry

4. thinkstone

thinkstone Notebook Enthusiast

I actually found your thread about the new Conexant audio driver (thank you for that!) - but my issues were after installing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.