W230ST - The 13" We've been waiting for!?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by HTWingNut, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tedster59

Tedster59 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    need to bring an emoticon from another forum I visit to describe my thoughts for this:

001_wub.gif

2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    @vr4racer: lol, were not even close to an official announcement yet, so details like that are anybody´s guess at best at this moment in time :)

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, looks like it will have serious competition from the 14" asus though so clevo needs their A game on this one.

4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I would hope so. That Asus 14" is like an Alienware 14". It's practically a 15". It's 1" less wide than a Clevo 15", but a bit deeper and as thick as a Clevo 15", and it's only got a 1366x768 screen, 660m and dual core i5 in it. That's basically the W110ER. I really hope they manage to fit a 760m in the Clevo 13", basically a 670mx, please. The 670mx/670m is considered a 75W TDP card, so if they can improve on that with the 760m down to 60-65W it would be possible I think. Plus maybe there will be a couple 35W Hawell quad cores to choose from that are actually 35W.

5. Any_Key

Any_Key Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I actually dig the look of Alienware and Asus ROG laptops. I love Alienware except their price, and RoG's just don't have as much oomph (reading comments from their community mods it sounds like they acknowledge that people want beefier machines but they design on a balance of price/performance/battery)... Anyway, related back to the thread I'm really curious to see the new "flashier" design of the P series refresh, wonder if the design of the 13" chassis will be based on that, the current chasis style, or something new.

6. Tedster59

Tedster59 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is there any more info on this? a quick google search just finds a bunch of threads referencing each other.

7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    That's because nothing official has been released yet. Still probably need until mid May before we see anything concrete. So sit back, relax, have a relaxing beverage of your choice, and check back in a bit over two months.

8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
  9. Any_Key

Any_Key Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Grrr.... I can only view the first photo in the gallery the rest are broken... but that does look like the new flashier chassis (on the P375SM).... I do like the look to it. Don't suppose anyone is able to get the photos from the rest of the gallery.

Also, as I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, the article mentions that the W230ST will have a GTX card in it... so, if true and not an error, we're looking at a possible GTX 760M.

10. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    lemme see what i can do ;)

P375SM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]